Enderal: Forgotten Stories
Enderal: Forgotten Stories needs your support
is an expansion-pack/DLC for Enderal. It is being developed mainly by Nicolas Lietzau, one of the project leads and lead writer of the main game, with the support of a small part of the SureAI-team. Enderal: Forgotten Stories aims to bring in parts of the storys content that had to be cut from the initial release, adding 10-20 hours of new quest content, as well as improving several aspects of the main game. Without further ado, here's a small teaser we prepared for you meant to give you an idea of what "Forgotten Stories" will be about:
- Two guild quest-lines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal's most influential merchants guild and experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed. Delve into the secrets behind the Rhalâta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.
- A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha'Rim's past
- A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman's origins
- A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character
- A secret ending for the main-quest
- New bounty missions
- Professional localization in both German and English (starring, amongst others, Dave Fennoy from "The Walking Dead" and Lani Minella from "Skyrim")
- New weapons and sets
- Several game-play changes and additions, such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting, and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.
Assuming the world doesn't end anytime soon, Enderal: Forgotten Stories
will be released eventually, just as the main game was. However, I Nicolas am currently developing this DLC as a full-time endeavor and am paying for the time invested from my private savings. While the project cannot be supported directly, you can support my work as a writer by donating through PayPal
(the upper button on the page) any donations would be greatly appreciated and will help me cover my basic expenses. You can also support me through my (still very basic) Patreon
If you cannot donate, you can still support us by spreading the word and/or voting for us at the "SXSW Game Awards 2016"
, the winner of which will be decided on March 18th in Austin, Texas (We will be present at the show!). Just follow this link, scroll down to "Fan Creation of the year" and vote for Enderal. Two clicks, no registration required
! A huge thank you to everyone who has supported us thus far! :)
Will old saves be compatible with "Forgotten Stories" or will I have to start a new game?
Generally speaking, Forgotten Stories will be compatible with old save-games. However, we advise starting a new play-through, particularly for those players desiring to unlock the hidden ending. Forgotten Stories is designed and balanced so that it fits and enhances the main game rather than as a stand-alone.
When will "Forgotten Stories" be released?
2017. Even though we are following a tight schedule, we cannot give a definite release date as of now.
Why isnt the whole SureAI-team working on this?
Because many members of the core team are now heavily involved in other projects. Enderal - Forgotten Stories was originally intended to be created by me alone, but, thankfully, some other members (and new, external contributors) agreed to help, which takes a lot of weight off my shoulders and even allows us to work on some yet unannounced features which I simply could not have done on my own. This does not mean that SureAI doesnt exist anymore or is somehow compromised: It simply means that Forgotten Stories is more of a private side-project by me as Enderals writer.
But there are still bugs in the main game! Shouldnt you be fixing them rather than developing new content?
We are. Both me and some of our team are still working on bugfixes daily, and there will be more patches to come.