Enderal is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
Enderal is free and can be played by anyone owning a legal copy of TES V: Skyrim. (No DLCs are necessary.) It is developed non-commercially by SureAI, the team behind the renowned Oblivion mod "Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge" (and various other projects).
- An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes (desert, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains and more)
- An unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents
- German and English localizations, both fully voiced by dozens of speakers, many with a professional background
- Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations
- Overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat
- An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities
- A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes
- 30 to 100 hours of expected playtime
Added in Forgotten Stories:
- Two "crafting classes" that utilize alchemy and enchanting for combat use potions to shapeshift into a werewolf as the Lycantrope, use enchanting to craft spirit companions as the Phasmalist
- Improved performance and stability for a smooth experience
- Twelve new sidequests and two non-linear guild questlines: Work your way up the Golden Sickle, Enderal's merchants guild and infiltrate the ranks of the Rhalâta, the enigmatic cult ruling the Undercity
- Reworked and improved crafting, spells, and much more
New with the Special Edition:
- New rendering engine which supports smoother image quality and improved lighting effects
- Best performance and stability due to 64bit support
- Additional game fixes introduced by the Skyrim Special Edition
Pictures - Forgotten Stories
Book - The Butcher of Ark
What is "Enderal?"
Enderal is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a free game based on Skyrim´s engine. It features a new game world, complete with different regions and dungeons and its own lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with multi-faceted and believable characters. The estimated playing time is about 30 to 100 hours, depending on the playstyle.
You can check out some details and background info about Enderal and its predecessors (for example Nehrim for TES IV: Oblivion) here on our website.
When will Enderal be released?
The base version of Enderal was already released in summer 2016 and in 2019 we released a improved version on Steam, with a lot of extra content. A detailed FAQ for the Steam Version can be found here.
Which version of Skyrim is required to playe Enderal?
You will need a legal copy of Skyrim Classic Version, Skyrim Legendary Edition or Skyrim Special Edition, it´s not required to own the official DLCs needed.
I´ve encountered an issue while installaing or in-game - What shall I do?
Installation or update issues should be posted in the English Forums. Also check out our support section.