Enderal is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
Enderal is free and can be played by anyone owning a legal copy of TES V: Skyrim. (No DLCs are necessary.) It is developed non-commercially by SureAI, the team behind the renowned Oblivion mod "Nehrim: At Fate´s Edge" (and various other projects).
- An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes (desert, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains and more)
- An unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents
- German and English localizations, both fully voiced by dozens of speakers, many with a professional background
- Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations
- Overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat
- An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities
- A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes
- 30 to 100 hours of expected playtime
Pictures - Forgotten Stories
Book - The Butcher of Ark
So, what exactly is Enderal?
Enderal is a total conversion mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. A total conversion is a game mod that does not add an island or quest, but instead creates its own world with its own landmass, questlines and characters. It relies only on the engine and the graphical resources of the original game (and often, as in the case of Enderal, adds many of its own resources). Enderal can thus be regarded as a new role-playing game using the assets of Skyrim; it is set in the world of Vyn (as was its precursor -- the Oblivion mod "Nehrim - At Fate´s Edge") and offers what we believe to be 30 to 100 hours of gameplay (depending on your play style).
What distinguishes Enderal from Skyrim?
In Enderal, we have attempted to combine open world gaming with a complex and profound storyline. While the game world of Enderal is smaller than Skyrim´s and the quests are fewer, we believe that the depth of our story and the complexity of our characters both surpass those in recent Elder Scrolls games. Enderal also differs in its game mechanics: While some have been taken over from Skyrim unchanged, others have been refined (for example, some armor sets in Enderal give set bonuses when several pieces are worn), and yet others (such as leveling up and the raising of skills) have been overhauled so greatly that they hardly resemble Skyrim mechanics any more (most noticeably, Skyrim´s "learning by doing" skill-ups have been replaced by experience points and skill books). Finally, a few (such as levelscaling and randomly spawning enemies) have been completely removed. As far as level design is concerned, Enderal spans several climate zones and regions, only some of which share Skyrim´s distinctive Nordic atmosphere and color palette.
When will Enderal be released?
The release is scheduled for July 1-3, 2016 - English version some weeks later.