My EnderAl saves are not loading right

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
CrazyWillster
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I was having fun playing enderal and the game was amazing, but after getting to level 7 took a while break to watch youtube. I came back and I load it up and when i click load my newest save, it respawns me in a tavern in skyrim, not my enderal save. I have tried to use past saves but same thing. And if i press new game the game just freezes. please help me, i really was loving this game and i am still trying to find a way around it. If it makes any difference i did cheat a little to give my self unlimited stamina, but that was the only thing. Thanks and please help!

EDIT: I launched my normal Skyrim and the game has all the Enderal stuff, is this normal? And another thing that i did that my have caused this is that i deleted and redownloaded skyrim in the time i was watching youtube because it wouldn't launch. Thanks!
RugbyOddjob
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I've got the same issues with it loading me as a level 2 Nord in a tavern in Skyrim, with no quests or items in my inventory. All of my previous saves (even loading from the start) does the same.

I noticed a minor update in steam last night (just before the issues started), maybe this is something?

Everything seems to be pointing at Enderal in the start and even from the Enderal Launcher.

Any ideas?
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

Some people had similar problems when they let Steam check their game data. In that case Steam notices something is different from the regular Skyrim and replaces some of Enderal's files with Vanilla Skyrim's. Not sure if Steam can do that automatically, it never did for me, but you could try to check your settings.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Guys... Enderal is installed within your skyrim directory and it uses the data of Skyrim and an own modified .esm (It's not Skyrim anymore... ).
Of course you can't launch Skyrim as long as Enderal is installed. That's why the Enderal Launcher creates a backup of your previous Skyrim installation.
The Launcher has a button to simply change between Skyrim and Enderal (change installation). Just watch this video.

What you have to do now (Read everything before doing anything):
Run the Enderal Launcher. Click "Change installation" and delete Enderal completely (do not archive it!).
Skyrim will be automatically reinstalled. Go to your Steam library, rightclick on Skyrim, select "properties". Go to "local data" and click on "Verify Integrity of game cache". Steam canns your Skyrim and installs missing files.

If that's done copy the Enderal Launcher into your Skyrim folder and run it. Install Enderal again from the installation package.
If it's installed again you can use the "change installation" button to switch between Enderal and Skyrim. It's also explained in the video which I linked above.

You could also setup a dual installation of Skyrim and Enderal. Watch this video.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1