.ini file question

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Des
Bettler
Bettler

Hello,

To cut a long story short, recently I installed Nehrim, and, following the guide on this very forum, everything seemed to go well; however, I now notice that while there is a oblivion.ini file in the Nehrim directory, the one that used to be in /Username/Documents... etc seems to be gone; I am not sure if this is related, but, since I use Mod Organizer with my Oblivion installation, it seems some of the mods don't work as expected. (By the way, I am not sure if I should open a separate thread on this in the modding subforum, but if anyone could offer any advice on using MO with Nehrim, it would be appreciated as well).

So, the question might be somewhat trivial, but - would there be a way to recover the .ini file, and if so, how to go about it?

Thanks.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 623 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

first words: I'm not using MO,
BUT

upon looking for the ini, I realised that I haven't one either :/
or rather, I do have an oblivion.ini, but there are no Nehrim Masters listed.
(so I'm not sure if there's even supposed to be one)

but isn't there a "edit ini" or "open ini" button (or something) in MO?
what happens, if you use that?
(with MO using different profiles and all it may have moved the ini? no idea, never used it)
Des
Bettler
Bettler

Hello, nice to be here. :)

Sorry for the slight delay in answering, but to the point - in MO, there is an "INI Editor" in the Tools menu, however, it says that "Ini files are local to the currently selected profile", and, indeed, for every profile you have, there is its own .ini file, stored in its own (the profile's) directory; these, however, are all in their places, what I have missing is the "main" one from the location above. Not sure what could have happened to it... :)
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 623 Mal

hm, in that case, no idea.
I'd guess that, if every profile has its own ini, there is no "main file" (in that location) :?:
but since you're the one working with MO you're probably more experienced with that :/

and, asking the other question -
what mods are you trying to get to work?
maybe just try to throw them in manually?

edit:
to add - of course I could attach my ini file.
not sure if that would help matters or make them worse, though- as said; there are no signs of it being a Nehrim ini anyway :/
Des
Bettler
Bettler

Well - I know there -was- a "main" file, because I was checking out something about it a few days previously; the question is, could anything about the Nehrim installation process have deleted/moved/etc it, and if so, is it retrievable.

As for mods, I use a few with Oblivion and manual installation might become a mess; I'd rather stay out of it. As I said, if anyone could offer advice on using MO with Nehrim, I would appreciate it as well.
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1