Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Thanks.
ToxicCosmos
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Ok. Finally got the edit box to change! :D

@kassandra - would you still like me to move or get rid of some of those side modules?
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

No thanks, it's fine now :P
ToxicCosmos
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Ok. :]

If you guys need to get ahold of me, aside from on this forum and whatnot, my yahoo id is: c_rok06

Edit: I'll be working on an idea for the front page. If we have a quick nav similar to the one on dragon age http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki what would you guys want to see on it? I was thinking something like Quests, Items, Magic, Places, Creatures, etc.
kassandra
Magier
Magier

hey:]

In quick navigation hm.... DA has 12 slots, so for 12 slots I would see:
Quests
Items
Magic
Crafting
Creatures
People
Services
Places
Mods (maybe now no articlehere, but I guess Nehrim has a huge potential modding in the future! []) .
Easter Eggs
Maps
Achievements
(not necessarily in this order)

I guess these would be useful in quick navigation as most of these sections are quite developed.

As for the other, this ' upper navigation' (over the pages counter) can direct to them. So we would have there :
Quest information
Character information
Gaemplay info
World info
Miscellaneous
Tech Support
SureAI

Taht;s just my suggestion , let's see what the others think :]
ToxicCosmos
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Here's an idea for the front page, I used Kassandra's examples (minus places and easter eggs - need to decide on icons for those). http://varriaga.com/wiki/nehrim/frontpage.jpg

I'm totally up for suggestions. I had no idea what madules to add, so I just picked some. Uhm, do you guys want more defined borders for the modules, or are the lines fine? What do you guys think?
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Wow looks awesome and really Nehrimish!
But we will have to write our own news and contribute:] If there's a problem with Easter Eggs and Places, they can always be in this 'upper' navigation.

EDIT: I was thinking about the Places page and how it's organised. I was editing it a bit yesterday, and I found all the clicking a bit annoying, you have to click a lot to get to the page that you want. And when you finally go somewhere, there are only few articles.
How about changing it into the same layout that Creatures have? But instead of Animals, Humans etc we would have Capital Cities, Mines, Caves, Fortresses, etc. There we would put some subdivision into the Middlerealm, Northrealm , Southrealm or simply put it inside the description, but everything would be listed in alphabetical order. In this case we would need to discard the tables, but all the info is inside the articles, so the tables seem a bit surplus.
I guess it would be 'quicker navigation' as now it is quite diifficult to find what you want.

Whatr do you think , Toxic, Garnet?
ToxicCosmos
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

@kassandra - I like that idea. The less clicking you have to do, the better I think. :]

I think having Places in the quick nav is kind of important. It has a lot of information and would be useful to have in an easy-to-access spot. That said, maybe we should get rid of one of the links and add that one in. Maybe put it in place of maps? or get rid of Achievements or something? Not sure. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I can also add more icons for more links, we don't have to limit ourselves to the 10 or 12. :]
kassandra
Magier
Magier

I would opt for putting Places instead of Achievements. Achievements is only one page with no plans for further developing into something bigger, I guess. Just a list of achievements. Whereas Maps.. hm... Garnet did a grea tjob with adding the maps there, but I am not 100% sure that the page is complete. Maybe one day someone will have another idea of developing this page:P

As for the Places, if we have Garnet's consent (as he mainly contributed to the Places) could you at least create the layout for Places (similar to this one for Creatures)? I could add links when I have some spare time.
ToxicCosmos
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

No problem, I could do that. And I agree, I'd rather get rid of achievements than maps. :] Ok, will do.

Edit: I've just finished the middlerealm places page, should I delete the individual ones? (fortresses, caves, mines, etc.)
520 Beiträge Seite 17 von 52