Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 29 von 52
TheGunnerBoat
Schurke
Schurke

Wow, fixing a lot of outdated page links, there are finished pages in there that I didn't know they existed.
And adding some new links to make crossed navigation easier.
Is too much for a human mind to handle at once.
I didn't know that Garnet had a page about Treomar because no one linked it to the main navigation links.
I wonder that else is there to find out, Atlantis?
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hahaha, Gunner, I gues you are the first one to check Wiki for 'general management'. And imagine, only few of us and such a mess^^
But, I guess the worst thing was when we started editing for the first time ( 2-3-months ago?), we had to learn from our mistakes (especially me:p)and I did messed up with URLs.

@Hawk
Give us your poems on About me page. I'm always eager to read anything in English ;P Oh, an the Blogs..Can't figure out how they worked, once wrote there what I was planning to to on Wikia but tey somehow I couldn't find it, haha.

@Garnet
1)Do you have any fast way of findig photos? Even those from slideshows?
2)And I guess Garet that plural fro 'a staff' is 'staffs' (right, Hawk?) , at least in most game it was like that;P Thought that you found new weapons in Nehrim, called 'staves' :P
3) Edited Armor sets, and I'm thinking about linking each Armor Set so that we would have more detailed information about it. (no place for it on the main page about armors), some fancy stuff that you can get from CS like item ID, Health, Base Armor, etc. And I would love to have a gallery with more photos of the sets so that people would add more photos how they look like in each armor (maybe a bit 'girlish whim' ,lol).
It would look something like this : http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Garb_of_the_Highway_Thief Any suggestions?
JUst noticed you Garnet made this great Infobox. They are still useful I think. Tables show everythng clearer, but articles for separate item pieces are fine too, I guess.

Would need someone to take care of Armor section. I can prepare the tables and layouts at the weekend, so that we would have a unified look. Garnet seems busy with Books, nice job;P
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

1) For Staves: think that is grammatically correct like life>lives etc. Eventually can change into Magic Staves. Staffs mean something different, see link:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Staffs

2) How find Photo doesn't work, here is a trick how add photos in Source mode, works for Slides and Photo:
In " normal mode" you add any photo from the uploaded photo , switch to the source mode, find a line with "name.jpg" and paste the name of the photo you want to have. Here is a list of all photos on Wikia:
http://nehrim.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ListFiles

2) About gallery:
For me it's fine, but I'd like to see visible photos, not the dark ones. Here is a link how take good screenshots:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Help:Images
Also can create a page where players can post their screenshots.

4) Some suggestions for Armor/Weapon pages:
Armor set Main page: like it is, next every Set to a proper page.
Suggestion (criticism) for the table:
Wikia layout isn't good for tables, so i suggest lighter tables without heavy borders. The Icons must fit to the cell.
Put informations that aren't listed before.
Doing tables with icons is tricky and timeconsuming.
I can take care about armor section, can do some template pages and show here, but I'd like to have a feedback
from others contributors.

5) For places:
Isn't need to put a world map photo, if you use a template there is already a link to Maps when you can see where the place is.
World map for unmarked places is Ok.
Local (inner) maps for caves, ruins etc. are welcome, the positions of the loots can be added later by other contributors if the author of the photo allowed it.

6) How Wikia is ever bigger it be good to create a special page for Contributors where you can add informations for example: broken links and bigger bugs on pages, so we can have an overwiev of pages on Wikia.

7) After all, don't call me the main Baba Yaga on Wikia. :D
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Haha Garned don''t worry, criticism is sometimes necessary;p
Wow,I dind't realize staffs and staves are different things:O

2) Thanks for the tip! Saves a lot of nerves probably. Searching for photos is sometimes traumatic.

4)Ok, I will change the borders probably much later today. But it's really simple , just right click anywhere in the table and 'Table Properites' --> Border set at 1 -5. Now they are 20. About the tables... I edited them a bit, added non-unique armor sets and everything seemed fine.... Then David edited to add something, an one Table totally broke. Moreove,r it wasn't possible to edit the tables in 'normal mode'. I managed to fix it by rollbacking and figured out what the problem was... When you put HEADINGS inside a table they ruin the table. Strange. Hope David didn't get discouraged by this incident :-)

Ok Garnet take care of the Armors, I will focus on finishing the Main Quest mainly. If you need any help just ask.

This page for bugs etc, this page Wiki Technical Problems was supposed to be about it, but maybe I will rename it;p Sounds too... serious.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

@ TheGunnerBoat -
Wow, fixing a lot of outdated page links, there are finished pages in there that I didn't know they existed.
Noticed over 30 orphaned pages myself the other day. Plus if search in photo/screenshots have a lot of identical ones (at least 4 of Aspheron). At least there behind the "scene" and can be tidied up sometime.

@kassandra - Garnet correct - it is staves. English - so many meanings for one word.
Finding photos even slideshow photos should be easy in search, as long as you give your photo a clear descriptive name.
Liked the armour table, but the load time was to much for me (not tables fault, wiki adverts). Which is why I prefer slideshows, which should load faster than tabled photographs.

Over screenshot taking, apart from link Garnet has left, I use a free image software (faststone) to alter gamma etc if too dark and for difficult screenshots I cheat. Cheat!!!!!! Yep created a set of rings etc which gives 100% chameleon.

p.s. Going to carry on spellchecking site. Not, repeat not doing any major editing. Just where I cannot fully understand I will swap a word or comma. Do not want to alter the way contributors have written as I believe it gives the wiki character and a sense of the diverse community. Just having to bite my lip when I see American English used. :lol:
p.p.s Glad to see other people spell "receive" incorrectly. As i before e except after c. That was drummed into me and I still forget. :mrgreen:
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

i'm not sure if i'm going to get involved at this point; maybe when all these issues are worked out. seems far too complicated, with the bugs and whatnot. I haven’t scripted web pages from scratch in something like 8 years or so. Quite honestly I’ve forgotten most of it. i used to write html in notepad to waste a little time. Now I can barely write a header. (only half joking)
kassandra
Magier
Magier

Sure Casper, you're welcome to join anytime you want.
Even if you have some suggestions about the page- it would be good to know what you advise. Frankly speaking ,it would be good to get any feedback from anyone. Maybe organization of some pages is not clear or something.

Maybe now we don't know how to do something, but maybe, in the future, someone will figure out.

And it's not too complicated, with every day I learn something new while editing, which I find a bit discouraging, but well, I'm a real newbie, I have never edited any pages before. And so far all the bugs seem fixed (except for the search button in slideshows, but it needs someone familiar at least a bit with CSS).
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

@Caspar
you can always try with simple editing, add information where missing and after all is not complicated edit.Wikia is made for
"commoners" and you don't need special knowledge of CSS.

Orphan Pages:
If you see a orphan page, try link to the page you think belongs. Or post the pages to the admins talk page.

@Kassandra
I figured out the massive tables. Another typ for tables, if you have a table that you want to use later, simple copy from source
mode in Notepad and paste where needed, so you have your template table.

@Hawk
can you land the Chameleon Ring. it is difficult to convince a Boss to pose.

Another free photo editor is IrfanView, and also Windows have some basic photo editor included.
Do not want to alter the way contributors have written as I believe it gives the wiki character and a sense of the diverse community.
Agree, after all we are Unofficialls. :lol:
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi
can you land the Chameleon Ring. it is difficult to convince a Boss to pose.
exactly why I made one. Also can push creatures around to get a better screenshot if you cannot get right angle using tfc.
See some of my earlier screenshots i.e frostfinger etc no hud and as close as I liked.
Attached esp, if have any problems let me know and I will make something different. No icons, its an amulet called "cameraboy" in Tirin Abbey chest. You will see the enchantment symbol and name. In the Abbey I believe it gave off the yellow symbol to show mesh problem, but that was the only place I saw that happen.

CameraBoy100.esp
cameraboy100
(1.44 KiB) 183-mal heruntergeladen
Garnet
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Wow, thank you, downloaded it.
But a real pleasure is see it in action, my favorite was The Steerer from Mana Catalyst, the guy with nice bow.
520 Beiträge Seite 29 von 52