Nehrim Wiki project- join us please!

Moderator: Moderatoren

520 Beiträge Seite 6 von 52
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

I have no opinion about who becomes admin other than to say I think it might be a good idea to include one of the "official" members of, if not the SureAI team itself, one of the English speaking moderators or administrators from here at the official forums. Does that make sense? The reason I say this is because, let's say that Shatar and Hawk were to assume the Wiki admin duties now. Eventually they may have something unexpected come up in life that would cause them to leave and not return. They may not have the time or couldn't pass along the administrators "password" or whatever is needed to someone else. But, if one of the people who was directly dedicated to SureAI and/or the official Nehrim Forums had top administrative rights then that would never be a problem. They would pretty much always be around to appoint new administrators.

So, I guess my suggestion is that someone get into contact with an English speaking, official Nehrim Forum moderator and/or member of the SureAI team and ask them to assume the figure-head responsibility of Top Wiki Administrator. It could be explained to them that they were not, for now at least, expected to do any actual work on the Wiki if they did not want to but that they were responsible for "holding the keys" to the Wiki in case the Wiki ever needed future, new Administrators. Make sense?

For instance, you could have Arvisrend (is s/he a moderator here or member of the SureAI team?) hold the top administrative rights and have Shatar and Hawk also have administrative rights. That way if Shatar and/or Hawk had to be absent for long periods of time, Arvisrend could at least allow any new person who was interested, to assume the administrative duties over at the Nehrim Wiki.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hey Blink!
First of all ,we need to have the new administrators.
When it is done and we have the passwords, etc - I can contact Arvisred if he would be so kind to be our 'password keeper' in case something untoward happens to us. Why he? He already has Wiki account:P And yes, he is one of the SureIA team members.

I alsko asked him for some clues/directions as how to tackle the SureAI section on Wiki, but he advised me to contact Hoxyd, Lord Dagon or Arandor about it. As I am actually busy proceeding with the main quest and writing walkthroughs to it ( that's why most people search for the wiki I guess...:) I can't see to it at the moment. Unless one of you wants to:P
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.

I always thought none native English speakers were much more eloquent and precise grammatically. Shatar and Kassandra prove my point.

Over Admin - more than happy to see arvisrend on admin team (team), be it "key holder", full time/ part time admin.
I believe expertise and experience is a wonderful thing, enthusiasm just as good, ideas of any type - marvelous. Learn from each other and grow stronger from it ( okay I am not going mad - just another definition of "cross-polination" for Kassandra).

I think your right not to advertise the site quite yet. Not until some admin contol over the wiki. Thought a little about it the other day. If trying to get word of it out (later on), another way is find where site is (what page ,rank on google, blng etc), and get friends or colleagues to click on it. Nowadays spider-bots not only look at hits but individual ip's hitting the site. Hits from linked pages (I think) do not count as high as individual link hits.

The stats section looks great where Kassandra has put it, but would it also be worthwhile (do not know, maybe too much work) to link the stat to an individual stat sheet/page with a "league table".

Over SureAi section (do not believe I will be arround long enough to do anything there yet), thinking be nice to have page on each member, if they did not mind sending "cv" / mission statement - or even letting them do the page/section.

Talking "mission statements" (hate them myself, some years back spent too long as a Team Leader/supervisor to trust them), but would it be an idea to have short paragraph at top of wiki explaining what wiki is about.

Edit: For blink. Have not used Firefox for a while, but just downloaded (now have 3 or is it 4 browsers? who cares!!!) it and could not get spellchecker to work. Not until downloaded English (british) dictionary and chose it in options. Now I have damn red marks everywhere!!!!! :mrgreen:
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello,

Indeed. I agree that having an official Nehrim team member as an admin is the safest way to ensure that Nehrim Wiki does not "die". Better safe than sorry!

Around mid Januari, I will undergo examinations for Journalism and during these days I'll be very inactive till Februari. But then I know that my absence will not affect the Wiki.

Cheers
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Nice screens Hawk. It's nice to see those go up next to the walkthroughs. Really gives them a "face."

I am going to continue working on the side-quest walkthroughs if no one objects. I think I will do "Traces," "Artifacts from the Past" and "The Missing Master Brewer" in the next few days.
kassandra
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Hi!
Check the Watercooler topics on Wiki forum please, as I need some help with the layout of some of the sections.
And please do tackle the Side quests,Blink. No one else seems to be interested in them :P
I started editing some of the side quests, but I don't think I will finish them in the near future as I'm focusing on Main Quest... So feel free to edit mine as well:P

And I was also thinking if it would help if we did a very short and easy 'guide' on how to edit wiki (only really basic information) and put it somewhere on Wiki page but I don't where... Maybe it would encourage more people to joins us and edit some parts. Like Blink, I also spend some time figuring out how to tackle this mysterious 'table of contents' . It was quite confusing as it didn't appear in preview.
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
very short and easy 'guide' on how to edit wiki
maybe could find a place to put link to the MediaWiki sandbox. Check out here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Sandbox it is a testing area for editing.
Shatar
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hello,

It's now 1:30 am in my timezone and it's 10 October 2010, so that means we are eligible to adopt Nehrim Wiki!

I have made my request on the Wikia Adoptions page to get the admin rights for Nehrim Wiki. Now we only have to wait for a response (which could take a couple of days). I will inform you when the request is approved or declined.

Some of you might have seen that I haven't made a lot of edits in the past few days. Due to some other interests I haven't played Nehrim much. I still check the forums and our WIki daily though. So don't worry, I will continue playing Nehrim soon. ;)

Cheers
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Is it just me or is the Nehrim Wiki down? I am having real trouble accessing it all of the sudden. It comes up but it isn't right at all and Peerblock is having to block a ton of requests from some group called "beyond the network America." They are attempting to hammer my PC. Dickheads. Will check again in the morning.

Edit to add: I just tried it again and yep, it has crashed. They say they are working on the problem. So, just FYI.
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

For me it works. Maybe its fixed already?
One note to the Knowledge is superior to the sword quest. You wrote that you have to read 100 different books to finish the quest. You can read 100x the same book (keep open and close it) or even letters. The game cannot differ between what you read, so all that counts is the 'books read' counter you also find in Oblivion. It can be the same title, even the same item.
520 Beiträge Seite 6 von 52