Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 10 von 16
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

My Skyrim is heavily modded, 180 mods + ENB, and TK Dodge is working fine. It's so fast I can dodge even when doing a power attack. You guys really should try the last version, the improvements are visible immediatly °_°
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Are you using ScriptDragon or SKSE version? We really would love to, but I figure it's simply too late for that now. Too many bugs to fix.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

The SKSE version! You can download it from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20923/?
Don't forget to run FNIS to patch it!

I suppose the modding community will find a way to patch it in Enderal in little time, but it would be nice it will be in the game from the start. Also if NPCs dodge as well.. TK's Ultimate Combat enable the dodging also for NPCs, which is very cool indeed.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Huh, you're right, this is a lot quicker and more reliable than the first version we've tried. I like it, but I fear it's almost too late to implement something like that. I'll have to ask Johannes about it. Thanks for the tip!
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

You're welcome ;)

Last tip: try TK Dodge together with this other mod and see how Skyrim combat become good for the first time in years http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73921/?
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Huh, you're right, this is a lot quicker and more reliable than the first version we've tried. I like it, but I fear it's almost too late to implement something like that. I'll have to ask Johannes about it. Thanks for the tip!
Tbh I agree with him here sounds really risky implenting a new feature with the possbile implication of new bugs or glitches while the release date is so close. For a after mod it sounds much better I think.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

True. Though I have played with TKDodge for my current playthrough for 12 hours now and there have not been any issues - I will need to discuss that with our tech lead first, though. :)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

True. Though I have played with TKDodge for my current playthrough for 12 hours now and there have not been any issues - I will need to discuss that with our tech lead first, though. :)
Glad to hear that! Did you happen to have enough time to try some of the other two mods I suggested? :)
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 117 Mal

Are you playing in first or third person view? I imagine a dodging system like this to be a bit unintuitive and confusing, when used in first person. And wouldn't integrating such a mechanic make it necessary to change the whole enemy behaviour with something like Mortal Enemies, like Sancez suggested? I am totally in favor of enhancing skyrims combat system, but I'm a bit sceptical that it's possible to just include a dodge mechanic without mayor changes to the whole combat system and enemy balancing. What are your experiences in this playthrough so far?
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

It works fine, both in 1st and 3rd person. And it does work, even without adjusting the balancing (which we can't do, it's definitely too late for that). So far, the impact on the game-play is considerable, but not drastic; most of all, it's just being able to dodge which adds to the overall feel of combat. But as I said before, ultimately, Johannes will have to decide whether we can implement this mod or not. :)

@Sancez
As mentioned above, no, I haven't, and unfortunately I can't - the impact would simply be too big for it to add it at this stage of the development. :(
154 Beiträge Seite 10 von 16