Hello! I thought I might share some of my work for Enderal!

Moderator: Moderatoren

20 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
pcoutin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

So you use Quixel for texturing... that looks like an awesome tool. I was just using Gimp and Blender Dx

looks a bit complicated to turn it to last gen

But what do you use for modeling? and for turning your stuff into NIF files? 3DS Max?... ..

Or Z-brush? UV mapping is kind of annoying with Blender... especially in 2.49 I think. Maybe I could model in Blender then export for 3ds max..

Thanks! Man I want to find this Kile bow..
SureAI-Colin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 12 Mal

pcoutin hat geschrieben:
Nice work!

As a traditional/primitive archery nut, that bow is pretty nice... not too bulky and overbuilt like a lot of the fantasy bows :P

I made a model of this Magyar hornbow I have for Oblivion using Blender, but was too lazy to texture more than a small part of it. What tools do you use for modeling? It doesn't seem feasible to make models for Skyrim just with Blender..

Wonder how to make custom animations for archery as well
Thank you! Glad to see the bow passed muster! :)
Going for a more realistic scale and bulk for the weapons was something Nico and I both wanted at the start, so it was always a goal of mine to not go too crazy with the fantasy bulk. One thing you may also notice I added was the sense of removable limbs for different draw weights. I thought that was cool when doing my bow research for the Kile bow so I integrated it into the design.

For modelling I use The Foundry Modo. My general modelling workflow at the time was a highpoly made from edge weighted pixar subdivision surfaces. The subdiv cage was modified into a lowpoly and the curve detail of the highpoly was baked into a normal map.

Blender can definitely make models for Skyrim! It's (for the most part) just as capable as other modelling programs.
Starac hat geschrieben:

Wacom! Sure baby :D

I would make them to be on the Withcer 3 quality with decent tablet.
Wow! Witcher 3 has some damn nice armors. Their character sculptors are incredibly skilled. :)
pcoutin hat geschrieben:
So you use Quixel for texturing... that looks like an awesome tool. I was just using Gimp and Blender Dx

looks a bit complicated to turn it to last gen

But what do you use for modeling? and for turning your stuff into NIF files? 3DS Max?... ..

Or Z-brush? UV mapping is kind of annoying with Blender... especially in 2.49 I think. Maybe I could model in Blender then export for 3ds max..

Thanks! Man I want to find this Kile bow..
Yep, Quixel Suite 2, it's a nice tool, though like everything has its downsides. It isn't nearly as stable or flexible as something like the Substance suite, but it steals the show when it comes to speed.
Well hey, a good deal of the assets I made for Enderal were made in Photoshop. You can still make some great textures in a standard image editor, it just takes longer. :p

Like I said at the top of this post, I use The Foundry Modo for modelling. As for UVing, I use Headus UVLayout, which is an absolute life saver when it comes to UV's, it just makes UVing so much easier and faster. Once the model is all uv'd, baked, and textured, I convert it to NIF using Max 2012 (which is where I also do the rigging, blend shapes, and weight painting). I didn't use Zbrush much on any of these models. As far as I know, the only time I did use it was when making the stitching for the armor's gloves. I sculpted each damn stitch individually, since the quality of the stitch brush didn't fit the look I wanted.

If I remember correctly, the Kile set is the top-end weapon set (equivalent to Daedric), so it'll be a high level bow.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Colin is right, it's a high level bow. I believe it can be either bought from Gabor Gaboff or, which is more likely, chosen as a reward at the end of the "Screws, Hats, Odds & Ends Incorporated"-Questline in the strangers quarter. :)
pcoutin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Haha, now I wish I had made a Trickster..
DrNormalLove
Bettler
Bettler

Believe me, plenty of us put that bow through its paces, it's a beautiful piece. As for the armor, where could one find a set?
SureAI-Colin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

DrNormalLove hat geschrieben:
Believe me, plenty of us put that bow through its paces, it's a beautiful piece. As for the armor, where could one find a set?
Awesome! I haven't gotten to any of my weapons yet (they're all high level), but I have run into a couple environment pieces. :)
Can't wait to use some of my weapons ingame, though! :D

Honestly, I don't know if the armor is in the game or not. It was meant to be a low level set, but I believe it may have been cut. That's the nature of game development, though, stuff gets cut. It's still one of my favorite pieces regardless. :)
Kiwi-Hawk
Gauner
Gauner

Kia ora

If it was cut could you make it a mod to be added? be nice to see some of the cut weapons armours as mods so they at least got to see the light of day and got some user love

I'm greedy I know lol,.. With the special additon comming soon it would be really great to have a wee video series (shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 I think) step by stepping your texturing and conversion process, tho I think it's a little different right? the new updated engine use's PBR if I'm right. but I'd love to learn your process I brought Quixel but have a hard time getting my head round it, was the reason I spent ALL my movie smoke money on Substance, But i have Quixel so I should make use of it and maybe some of the free/cheaper stuff off mega scan would make life a little easyer
SureAI-Colin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Kiwi-Hawk hat geschrieben:
Kia ora

If it was cut could you make it a mod to be added? be nice to see some of the cut weapons armours as mods so they at least got to see the light of day and got some user love

I'm greedy I know lol,.. With the special additon comming soon it would be really great to have a wee video series (shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 I think) step by stepping your texturing and conversion process, tho I think it's a little different right? the new updated engine use's PBR if I'm right. but I'd love to learn your process I brought Quixel but have a hard time getting my head round it, was the reason I spent ALL my movie smoke money on Substance, But i have Quixel so I should make use of it and maybe some of the free/cheaper stuff off mega scan would make life a little easyer
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier!

I have been thinking about making some videos in my spare time, though mostly as a way to explain to friends/family how I do my work (most have no clue how I do what I do). Though if they're well received I'd love to make videos going into more detail as well.

Have you had a chance to look at Quixel's tutorial section? They have tons of nice tutorials detailing how to use the program.
http://quixel.se/tutorials/

I've been playing around with Megascans as well, though megascans at the moment is mostly focused around natural materials such as dirt, grass, and vegetation.

And yeah, the new engine is PBR. If it follows PBR spec closely, it shouldn't require any conversion, but if they don't follow it that well, it may still require conversion. I wouldn't know until I was able to actually work with it.
SirCalvin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Gah, all the weapons and armor in this thread are plain gorgeous, but I haven't managed to find a single one of them ingame yet. The kilean bow especially has to be one of my favorites, and it's pretty damn close to tempting me to start another archer playthrough soon...
SureAI-Colin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Kiwi-Hawk hat geschrieben:
Kia ora

Forgot to answer this bit.
I'd be happy to see the cut armor in a mod if people would like that. However, I wouldn't be able to be the one to make the mod, at least not for awhile. I'm in the process of doing the whole job search thing and have a month long art test ahead of me, and that's just from one studio! Other studios are in the wire as well. I'll be very busy for the foreseeable future.

If someone wanted to make an Enderal armor pack (and was willing to do a bit of touch up if needed), I'd be happy to contribute the armor. :)
SirCalvin hat geschrieben:
Gah, all the weapons and armor in this thread are plain gorgeous, but I haven't managed to find a single one of them ingame yet. The kilean bow especially has to be one of my favorites, and it's pretty damn close to tempting me to start another archer playthrough soon...
A few posts up, Nico gave some locations where you could find the Kile bow. All this stuff is high level, so it's pretty rare.
I haven't even found this stuff myself! I want to see how it looks in Enderal, since I haven't seen it with Enderal's new ENB and related stuff.
20 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2