Freedom

Moderator: Moderatoren

18 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
Geronimou
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

crpgnut hat geschrieben:
If he indeed found a way to skip the tutorial, he could do something useful like post his mod as an alternative start mod. That'd be cool and fun for those of us who have played through the very boring tutorial area.
I don't think most people share the same point of view, and even if they do, it's more quick to complete the tutorial from outside the shadow song mines, than downloading and installing the mod.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

I like your vids Kein - they are pretty good for bug fixing :mrgreen: Maybe we can do the fake freedom a bit more believable.
Kein
Bettler
Bettler

Hoxyd hat geschrieben:
I like your vids Kein - they are pretty good for bug fixing :mrgreen: Maybe we can do the fake freedom a bit more believable.
Well yeah, if I continue to play Nehrim I think I will post more. I have encounter others bugs/issues as well, but atm I don't really want/care to post them :P Will do later mb.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I loved the design of the tutorial area, just not the emptiness. I felt like you spent a LOT of time just wandering around empty corridors. It was supposed to be ?haunting?. I'm not sure what the point was of the dungeon. There is another very dull dungeon much later, that was also pointless. However, the other 98% of the game has been pure fun, so I'm a happy camper. I've got over 100 hours in the game now, with 3 different characters and I'm still having fun.

My only gripe is that SureAI didn't/couldn't! take us completists into account when balancing the game. I'm level 23 and I've still got dozens of dungeons I haven't been to and they're way below my level now. I'm just cakewalking right now, trying to see everything. I try not to kill, but sometimes creatures are blocking narrow passages and I end up killing about 1/3 of most denizens. It does seem 1.08.1 might have addressed this a little, but I can't really tell. Sometimes I'm not gettting xp updates and sometimes I do. I think the left hand message area was broken partially by the last two patches. I'd love to see creatures 3 levels or lower, not be aggressive if intelligent, or not be worth xp if non-intelligent.

I'm sure a leveling mod will be released someday and I'll want to replay the game once it's harder to level. I'm not smart enough to make mods, so I wait patiently for somebody else :D
arvisrend
QA Lead
QA Lead
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 45 Mal

The message bug was fixed in 1.0.8.2. And we're not going to make leveling harder; nobody should be *forced* to crawl through every single cave on the map in order to get the EXP required.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Oh, I agree completely about building the game for us completists. I think we're very much the minority. I'm hoping for an outside modder to make something, not SureAI. It will happen and I'm content to wait. I imagine Progress could do it now, though it might need some Gecko love first.
Tribulus
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

awwww... after watching this, it kinda ruined my fun :/
Shiruban
Bettler
Bettler

I don't see the fact that some dungeons that I havn't done in the first areas are now very easy for me as a problem.
It's part of the design. It makes the world more believable. Because it does not revolves around you.

In fact I see it as a quality, because it offers me two possibilities : to go back there when I want and see the fruit of my effort, since it will be a cakewalk now. Makes you feel strong ;), or simply choose to see them when I'll create another character. It's great to know that there are so many dungeons that I can create a new character and virtually level up in completely different dungeons.

And it add more variety. Dungeons are very well implented in the world. Where most of the civilisation is, dungeons are easy. Venture into regions where there is no towns at all and it becomes more dangerous.

Something Oblivion fails to provide...

In any case, I'm a roleplayer, my character doesn't do every dungeon in the world, he's kinda lazy. He'd rather bathe all day in erothin and cook good meals with the meat of the wild animals he hunts and plants he harvests :D
18 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2