Did I install Nehrim correctly?

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Steb
Bettler
Bettler

What I did was I installed Nehrim to f:\games\Nehrim

I had Oblivion installed at f:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Oblivion (I have two Steam folders you see, one on C drive and one here)

I then copied everything from f:\games\Nehrim to f:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Oblivion, overwriting everything, HOWEVER, something didn't overwrite nicely, some music folder or something?

I then launched Oblivion using the Oblivion launcher, de-selected all the Oblivion .esm files and chose only the Nehrim .esm files.

Was this proper procedure at all?

The game seems to run fine, but I'm asking because I'd hate to play for 10 hours and then find a crash I can't get past.

Regards, Steb
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher
Danksagung erhalten: 150 Mal

Steb hat geschrieben:
Was this proper procedure at all?
It should be.
Unfortunately I don't have the Steam version of this game.
However, the installation way you described sounds like the proper one even if I don't get that part with the music folder.
I think there are some different sound files so you have now also some Oblivion songs in the game.
If that is all it isn't that bad.
Steb hat geschrieben:
I'd hate to play for 10 hours and then find a crash I can't get past.
I hate that too.
Honestly you will encounter crashes in Nehrim from time to time but for myself I haven't encountered any which I couldn't get past after reloading.
Steb
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the reassuring reply. I guess it's time to play Nehrim then!
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Have fun!

And remember, even if you crash at some point, the save file you have can always be salvaged and used if you choose to reinstall the game. The saves work the same way as Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim saves! (They end up in the Game folder in your documents normally, like this: D:\Daniel\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves) :wink:
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1