missing text alerts in the top left corner of the screen

Moderator: Moderatoren

31 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4
Steve
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Hi,
After installing the patch I have lost the text alerts that pop up in the top left corner of the screen.
I.e. The ones that show how many Experience points i have got for killing something, the ones that say 'quicksaving', the ones that show i've made an iron bar etc.
Any ideas how to get them back?
Steve
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

thanks, but it seems to have sorted itself out, a couple of games in and it's back!
Helol
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

argggh i keep getting this .. it will show then stop suddenly ... one time just after using the horseflue
elkston
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I can report that this is happening to me as well. It seemed to start after I installed the new patch. Sometimes I can load a new savegame and the messages will resume. But then, after a while the updates will cease (stop) again.

Maybe it has to do with having a certain item in your inventory? Or equipping the soul flayer? etc??

Note that although general alerts are not shown, their underlying actions DO happen. For example, your game IS quicksaved, you DO get the skill upgrades, etc.. Just that the reporting text is not shown.
mazling
Gauner
Gauner

elkston hat geschrieben:
Note that although general alerts are not shown, their underlying actions DO happen. For example, your game IS quicksaved, you DO get the skill upgrades, etc.. Just that the reporting text is not shown.
Good to know ;-)

Messages and skill upgrade (apprentice->journeyman, etc) popup boxes stopped appearing for no reason I could find, after some time in game. This is with the latest patch and a char started with 1075, not moved beyond Giliad yet ;-)
Helol
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Ok ,, wierd.. now they are not only missing.. but sometimes come up in german... eg .. i made a fire mine// and the exp thing came up saying german fire mine +35 exp?
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

yes, the same here. missing texts, but a load can solve it. some text is german. game is still wonderful :D
Steve
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

yeah getting ramdon German stuff too, but not a huge bug and the games fab :)
drstapes
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I have had a similar problem. I am around level 14/15, near Giliad.
After the patch (this AM) I noticed the problem. For me, it has occurred a few ways. When I first noticed it, I reloaded and was playing normally for about an hour. Now, it has cropped up again and I have noticed that it is now difficult, if not impossible, to actually eliminate.
It seemed to be occurring at random the second time. I would load games minutes before where it wasn't happening and do things differently, and it would still crop up within 3-5 minutes. After playing around with it, it seems to me that opening the journal is certainly one thing that always causes the texts to disappear.
At one point during the second round of this happening, I found that I could level normally. I would get the text and indicator that I could level. I would open my journal, raise my stats and get the learning points. After that, without fail, the texts were gone (whether it be about EXP, save status, levels, quests, etc.)
Now, it seems to have gotten worse after playing things differently to see if it went away. Now, it doesn't even tell me when I leveled. It does seem to give me learning points, but it does not give me the option to get stat points. I can open the journal and see that I got experience points to hit 15th level and - as I said - my learning points increase, but I never get to raise stats (not a big deal, but annoying regardless.)
Interestingly enough, when this began to occur, I reloaded games that happened after I had gotten a new level (and it indicated that in text) but BEFORE I opened the journal. Only now, when I load them, it doesn't even indicate that I had leveled (in text, or on my journal). If I do click on the journal, I can see by my EXP I have leveled, but it does not prompt my stats to go up. It does seem as though I am getting learning points though.
So, it is an odd glitch, and seems to be getting worse?
As others have said, this isn't show-stopping, but not being regularly alerted that quests have updated, not being able to see the EXP you are getting for certain kills, not seeing quest EXP, etc....and having to check often to see how close to leveling I am....it's all just annoying. Not game-breaking, but very frustrating.

As others have said, great game and an amazing TC (way better than TES: Oblivion IMHO), and bugs like this are bound to happen, but it is annoying for such a small glitch. That it seems to be getting worse has me concerned to play much more for fear that it might get even worse than it is (like affecting levels and EXP in general, etc.) I doubt this would happen, but still....

Thanks for the help and the game.
drstapes
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Wanted to post my saved games, which I did not do in my last post....
The first (3871) is after I had killed something to level, but I have yet to open my diary.
The second is about 10 minutes or more of play time before this (save 3868)...I had not noticed the problem (or the second iteration of it) then, but I just tested it and experiencing the same issues.
Still, though I would include two saves in case you needed a comparison (which you probably don't.... :) )

Thanks again
Dateianhänge
Save 3868 - Khorus - Cave, Level 14, Playing Time 19.50.44.ess
Save about 10-20 playtime minutes before other save (about 1/2-3/4 of way to next level)
(1.72 MiB) 262-mal heruntergeladen
Save 3871 - Khorus - Eastern Fold Valley (Level 7 to 14), Level 14, Playing Time 20.00.01.ess
Save after getting EXP but before level or diary
(1.77 MiB) 246-mal heruntergeladen
31 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4