Attributes based on skill points

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
evercharmer
Schurke
Schurke

This is a mod I'd love to see done. It's my only real gripe with Nehrim, barring the fact that I can't read every single in game text. I would attempt it, however I have no idea how it could be done and have no idea on how to script anything. I make no promises that I will do it, however I'm going to look around at some Oblivion mods to get a feel of what can be done.

I was thinking a script that runs at level-up would be best, and also after training, to check the current skills and amend attributes based on that.

Likewise, I think any racial bonuses to attributes should go on top of the max attributes you can get, as say a permanent buffer. I'm not actually sure they have an effect above 100, but still they would go on top of what you have because of skill points.

I think my main reason for wanting this is to put even more focus on improving skill points and leveling up for that reason as opposed to still grinding/planning strictly on what skills to train in order to get perfect modifiers (in addition to that, I have issues which mean I have to do that, and it can really take the fun out of a game).

I would like some input on this. Likewise, if anyone could provide me with specifics of any racial bonuses, that would be nice.

Edit: I would also like for health/fatigue/magicka to be directly based on attributes in real time, however that should probably be separate from this. I've seen it done, though, so I assume it can be.

Edit 2: I have an idea for what can be done. It's simple but I think it can work. Each attribute has a base of 25, and the other 75 attribute points come from the governed skills of each attribute (simply put 25 from each governed skill, or 1 attribute point for 4 skill points). Any attribute bonuses granted by race will be a magic effect (I'm not even sure if there are any), and any skill bonuses will simply be factored in (say because of the character's upbringing they got a head start, but ultimately it doesn't make the better than any other race in a particular skill).

However, the problem with magic effects standing in for direct bonuses is that it would mean this doesn't work right with custom races. Realistic Leveling found a way around that with OBSE, but it won't be my main priority.

I'm still not sure what to do about luck, though. I know there's that plant in the game that you can increase your luck with, but how much can you do so?

Edit 3: With luck, if the current values for each attribute (hopefully not truncated, but it would work out fine even if so) are added together and divided by 14, things work out nicely. That comes to a total of 50 if all of your other attributes are 100, which I think should be fine if you look for fire/spark caps (I can't remember what exactly they're called). I'm not sure if that can come out to 50 in the game, as I don't know how many plants there are, but things should work out okay. I'll also need to find a way to add that on top of the calculated luck. (However, it should be about the same as adding the 25 to the other attributes.

Also, the thought just occurred to me that I could have the script run on sleep. I mean, I can even say you need to rest and reflect on what you've learned to fully actualize it, lol. I suppose I could do it with waiting, too.

I was also toying around with the idea of doing strength a little different, where one skill point of the three governed skills (blade, blunt, hand to hand,) is the focus and you get the majority of your strength from that one skill. I'd have to fiddle with options menus, though. But with the way I'd like things to work, it should be something you can technically change. I wouldn't try it if I can't make it an option per character, though. Of course, treating strength like the rest of the attributes would be an option, too. Things might be more interesting that way.
evercharmer
Schurke
Schurke

In the statistics menu of your journal, there is a statistic for how many rare plants are found. Does this mean there is a way to track how many are eaten? Or any other attribute increases through the game, for that matter. They would need to be tracked and added on top of the formula I'm using. I assume it can be done, much in the same way encumbrance must be calculated. Can anyone tell me how I might track attribute increases?
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1