Wizard Hats & Eyeglasses V1 by Jannix Quinn

Moderator: Moderatoren

13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Tauschitz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

First off, I absolutely LOVE this mod. It is beyond fantastic and i am having a great time with it. I would have payed good money for something like this guys. Fantastic job.

Now for a wish. I just hate hoods for wizard's robes. Where I live, the only ones wearing hoods are selling drugs or running prostution rings. What are the chances of getting

"Wizard Hats & Eyeglasses V1 by Jannix Quinn"

to be compatable with the game. I really prefer the traditional Wizard look, and I am sure there must be others out there who do as well.

Again, thanks for haiving made such a fantastic game.

Tauschitz
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Try posting in the "Modifications" subforum, they could perhaps help you port the mod to Nehrim if SUREAI doesn't want to add it to the "core" game.
Tauschitz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

OK, good looks like it has been moved there.

I am unfortunately not technically proficient enough to be able to convert the Wizard Hats v1 by Jannix Quinn. (See what too much time in the humanities will do to a person).

Would there be any volunteers out there?

Tauschitz
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Toss us a link and I'll look at it.
Tauschitz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Einnashe,

Thanks for being even willing to look at this - I would really love it if this could be added into the world!! :D

Here is the link I haved used in the past with Oblivion:

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/file/ ... sses;63064

And here is the full discription from the following link:

http://www.filefront.com/5130618/Wizard ... sses-1.0v/#

"This adds some Wizard Hats and glasses into Oblivion in a variety of colours to match the existing robes. Read the full description
Wizard Hats & Eyeglasses V1

Creator: Jannix Quinn

DESCRIPTION
===========
This adds some Wizard Hats and glasses into Oblivion in a variety of colours to match the existing robes.

The colours are-

Black, Aqua, Mage Green, Red, White and Blue.

The best thing to do is buy your hat in the colour of your choice, with or without glasses, and by it with the hair colour that best matches your character.

INSTALLATION
============
Extract this archive to your Oblivion/Data directory. Then be sure to
activate the mod from the "Data Files" section of the Oblivion launcher.

WHERE TO GET THE WEAPONS
========================
In the Arcane University Garden, from a mage/salesman named Zandoz the Magnificent.

FUTURE UPDATES
==============
Maybe some more styles, and some improvements... providing I can figure them out. :/

ISSUES/COMPATIBILITY
====================
I'm not a ninja master at this stuff, I'm learning as I go. These things are giving me problems right now-

1. The hats would stay glowing blue when you went through a teleporter or added an enchanted item. I guess its something to do with the UV mapping or something, which I am yet to understand. I fixed it with a work-around by disabling the 'shockshield' effect on teleporters and some persistant glow effects.

2. I don't know how to make hair look as good as in the game. Ideally, the hat would be in an amulet slot or something, but I don't know how to do 'bones' and such. At the moment, the hair is in the 'hair' slot, with a variety of hair colours attached as part of that model. This means you can't have hair that matches the exact shade of your character's hair. I got around this by providing hair in the colours black, brown, blonde and grey. If you're one of these anime freaks who have pink hair... sorry. Maybe later.

3. The light hits the hats a little strangely. Again, I think its those pesky UV maps. It looks ok, just not perfect yet.

4. Because I changed some of the persistant glow effects, some things may conflict if they use them.

USAGE
=====
Use it however you like, I only ask that you give me some credit if you do.

Please don't needlessly complain about the things I've mentioned, I'm fully aware of the shortcomings and are more annoyed about them than you are. I'm a beginner. If you can help with the problems, that would be great, but please keep the instruction level at 'useless noob' so I understand what you're talking about. "
Tauschitz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

einnashe,

Have you had any luck with this conversion? Is it, in fact, possible?

Tauschitz
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Yeah, easy. Was just too busy to actually do it. Located in a chest in the Mage's Cave in Erothin. Requires the meshes, etc. from the original mod and hasn't been tested but should work in theory.

Enjoy.
Dateianhänge
NH WizardHatsV1.esp
(12.64 KiB) 367-mal heruntergeladen
Tauschitz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

First let me say a heartfelt THANKS!

Sorry for the additional question - where do I install this and how do I "check the box" :oops:

I have been trying to install the components by hand into the Nehrim directory, and checking the box from the Oblivion data files menu

BUT

Every time I do, I get the chest with the hats in it (I can see the icons in my inventory) but there is no mesh on my head - that is to say, I cannot see any hat - it just puts a large "?" in a yellow triangle upon my head. So I must be putting a file in the wrong place.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

It's a pathing problem from the original mod it, it looks like.

Reextract the original mod, change the folder meshes/customs to meshes/custom, drop it in your Nehrim folder and try again.
Tauschitz
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ahhhh! Got it to work last night. Thanks very much for that as well!

BTW, I noticed in the readme for the mod, and I saw in game, that when one puts on a magical item of *any* sort (rings, amulets, armor, weapons, etc.) the hats lose their color and patterns entirely and are "coated" with an awful blue-white color.

I see in the readme for the mod how the original author went about solving the problem by using a persistant glow removal mod.

I downloaded and installed the Nihrim-modified glow removal mod last night, but it does not stop magical items that I put on from changing the color of all the wizard hats to that awful blue-white color.

I hate to even ask you again einnashe, given your kind help so for.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem? Is there a simple mod I could download and install that would prevent this from happening? I assume that whoever made the hats in the first place did something that causes magical items of *any* sort (rings, amulets, armor, weapons, etc.) to cause the wizard hats to lose their color and patterns entirely and take on this awful blue-white color.

Any help appreciated, even if to tell me why I'll have to live with it :(

Tauschitz
13 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2