Porting Duke Patrick's combat mod and Deadly Reflexes

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
kyfohatl
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Could someone please do that. I would of course do it if I could, but I'm way too much of a noob for that. I tried learning about oblivion modding, but it didn't go very well...

Here's the link to Duke Patrick's combat mod:
http://www.oblivionportal.com/files/det ... p?file=163
It makes the AI much better at fighting, increases battle damage (especially bows, even more than nehrim), removes block recoil (so that you can't just block then counter attack every time). Also the enemy AI blocks much more intelligently and often. Really good combat mod.

Link to Deadly Reflexes:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8273
This mod, as you probably already know adds several cool new moves and feutures. Though I think porting this one is either not possible or quite difficult (according to some post).

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Psymon
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

That Duke Patrick mod is way out of date.

I work with Duke Patrick and help in testing his latest mods. I know that he would prefer that the people hosting that SCA mod would take it down as he stopped supporting that mod and that older version is known to have bugs and many other performance issues. I will let him know of its existence now.

There was a patch to get Deadly Reflex 5.0 to work with Nehrim done by Offkorn: http://www.tesnexus.com/modules/members ... ?id=128111 but he has apparently removed it with the update of DR to 6.0.

You could try and contact Offkorn to either re-upload it and use DR 5 or contact Skycaptain about a Nehrim version. Offkorn told me he is done with Oblivion for now.
kyfohatl
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Honestly, I think Duke Patrick's mod was brilliant. I think it made the AI MUCH more challenging (and I loved the bow rebalance and weapon lethality). My best experience with it was during my second arena battle, where both me and my opponenet had swords and shields. The fight lasted 10 or so minutes (!!!), involving both of us blocking each others attack, dodging power attacks and etc. It really felt like an arena fight. I've also come to realize that with this mod, lower level characters can still be a significant threat due to their enhanced combat skills and much increased weapon damage, keeping the game always challenging, even when I was a level 44 with full deadric armor.

However I do respect the fact you do not want people using it anymore, so I won't ask about a Duke Patrick's port from now on... so I'll change my request about the Duke Patrick's mod. You see, what I really liked about the mod was that IT REMOVED BLOCK RECOIL, so I could no longer beat EVERY enemy the same way; that is to block, let them recoil, hit them a few times while they are "recoiling" and then block their next attack, let them recoil and etc. (a repetative cycle). So if someone could somehowe remove the block recoil from nehrim, I would be very greatful. A small AI tweak that would cause the AI to sucessfully block more of my attacks would also be great. This is of course much simpler than Duke Patrick's mod as I know it does many more things to balance combat, so I was hoping this small tweak could be done without causing too much effort. If anyone could do it, I would greatly appreciate.

As for Deadly Reflexes, I will follow that up with Offkorn. Thanks alot for the help.

Again, thanks for the reply
Psymon
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah I agree that his mods are awesome, but he has not picked up Nehrim and he is not interested in supporting that older mod.

Phitts Phighting Phixes Is very easy to port over (just change the master) and it has settings to remove recoil. Requires OBSE. He calls it knockback though. It also has settings for upping the damage in the damage formula.

I use it plus Better Blocking and I do not up the damage formula but instead use Kuertee Attribute and skill Damage mod - which is more RPG in its orientation.

Also to improve the archery experience another easy mod to port is Marksman Challenge

However - if you really want to roll you sleeves up and try to port the more difficult mods over ... mods that seem as if they should have no issue because they do not access the Oblivion.esm yet still don't work ... then read post 2 of my Nehrim and Mods thread ... the deal seems to be that it is not so much direct references to the Oblivion.esm it is scripts that reference the Oblivion.esm - since Nehrim.esm has many of the same references - but with German spellings scripts cannot find them and hence they fail.

I just ask that if you do succeed then send a message to Duke himself and please please do not rehost.
7ever
Bettler
Bettler

I have been using Deadly Reflex with success so far, combat is much more challenging!
Dooms1988
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

which deadly reflex? 5.0 or 6.0? I got 5.0 to work easy enough, but 6.0 adds much much more, so im attempting to get it to work, but still no luck atm.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1