Levelling in Nehrim

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
EbonKnight
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Hey guys,

Absolutely love the mod! Been worth the wait, definitely. There's just one thing that irks me and only because it hasn't been changed enough from Oblivion - sure, we get the xp points to spend on skills (great) BUT the system for attributes seems to have remained the same which = BAD. As a mage starting out my first few levels without any decent spells I don't want to earn +1 to int and willpower every time while possibly getting +2 to endurance from the odd jump and run section.. the biggest flaw of this system is that it still makes you have to spam skills to gain decent stat increases.

So my question is this.. how easy/possible would it be to implement one of Oblivion's modded xp systems which gave you stats AFTER you spent xp on the relevant skills OR gave you a set amount of points to spend on your stats? Or at least modify the Nehrim system to make that one little change? It's basically, for me, the only thing this mod really needs, otherwise it's perfect :D
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

There is already a project to convert one of the better alternative leveling mods to Nehrim. AFAIK they are currently trying to balance the attribute increases per level for Nehrim.

That said, the difficulty level and especially the balancing is completely different in Nehrim.
You do not need to optimize your attributes on each levelup as in Oblivion.
EbonKnight
Krieger
Krieger

Ah, cool.. good to know. Just seems to me a mage would get nowhere having to start with 40 int/wis and getting at best 60 in either or 50 in both over 20 levels.. will just have to wait and see how that project pans out.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

The modifiers are handled the same way they were in vanilla Oblivion (setting iLevelUpXXMult) so it's very simple to make a mod to increase attribute gains. I personally set it to 3 across the board because I was finding that as a melee character I didn't have the fatigue to kill more than one enemy at a time and didn't have the health to tank two while it regenerated.

There are also some rare plants--the first one that comes to mind is on an island near the abbey--that give permanent stat increases.
bobbyraw
Bettler
Bettler

Is there an ETA on the levelling mod? I don't like the vanilla attribute raising either. It make me feel like I need to just stand there running into a wall or jumping up and down to make my character better - which of course takes a lot of the enjoyment out of the game.

I hve just started Nehrim (as I'm sure is the same with a lot of people) and I LOVE it. Really top-notch work. :D
bobbyraw
Bettler
Bettler

Posting again because I'm too thick to figure out how to edit my last post, but is this alternate levelling mod compatible with the English version of Nehrim?
http://www.sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2814

Edit: PS yes I know there's a big edit button top right, but for some reason my browser wasn't showing it before :roll:
EbonKnight
Krieger
Krieger

Hm, no info on this still. Einnasche, I have positively zero experience in editing Oblivion so that's no help, sorry :) Could you pm me the instructions? 3 per level sounds pretty reasonable :)
Mitro
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

I don't think that a mod which is conversed for the german version of Nehrim is incompatible with the englisch version of Nehrim.
But it's in german then...
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

EbonKnight hat geschrieben:
Hm, no info on this still. Einnasche, I have positively zero experience in editing Oblivion so that's no help, sorry :) Could you pm me the instructions? 3 per level sounds pretty reasonable :)
I'll just post it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ufpzhprore87dao

Note that you'll still need to get a level in a related skill or you'll only get +1.
hk11
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I was able to get S.P.A.M. (lets you set static bonuses to when you level) to work by just changing the master in wyre bash. The edited esm is only like 30k so if you want a copy pm me.
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1