Moderator: Moderatoren

58 Beiträge Seite 5 von 6
Scooby_Doo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

einnashe hat geschrieben:
Scooby_Doo hat geschrieben:
The CM Partners esm is dependent on Oblivion.esm. I tried converting it but I'd still need to mess with the scripts and if I'm messing with the scripts I might as well do it from the ground up so I know where any errors are coming from.
I was looking through it to, and yes I see it uses oblivion.esm (looks like it uses some rings or something like that). If we could extract the scripts and dialog and provide the extras through nehrim.esm instead...
Most of the rings are just tokens, those are fine. The scripts are the bigger problem because many of them are deeply integrated into Oblivion or function in ways that just won't work in Nehrim. That's why I'm saying it might be simpler to redo it from the ground up, with an interface mirroring that of CM Partners so companion esps can be converted easily, and if Cutthroat Mods decides to do a proper CM Partners conversion then someday then that's their prerogative.
I thought most of the scripting stuff was part of the oblivion.exe file (or in some cases obse).
TheHawk
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hi.
Do not use companions myself, but saw your topic and thought I would add that there is another companion mod called CompanionShareRecruit (CSR).
This can force any NPC in the game to become a companion.
Same as other mod, the scripting crashes the mod. Just did a quick conversion,(no rings etc needed in this mod) and get as far as the recruit script and it crashes. In CS editor it shows about 30 unresolved scripts, but it comes with its own esm. So, if someone was good with the cs they might be able to find corresponding scripts and change it over. Just a thought. Hope it adds to your discussion.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I thought most of the scripting stuff was part of the oblivion.exe file (or in some cases obse).
The scripting engine itself is part of oblivion.exe and obse, but the scripts themselves contain references to objects in esm/esp files. So for example, a script might say, "if the player is wearing this helmet, display this message." But we can't just convert that because that helmet doesn't exist in Nehrim, right? So you have to replace it with a reference to an analogous object, but an analogous object doesn't necessarily exist. And then you scroll down and realize there are 30 or 40 such references for every helmet in Oblivion, and you realize you're going to need to change the script itself so much that you might as well do it from scratch.

Anyway, I've succeeded in copying the CM Partners.esm interface and converted a companion NPC to work with it with minimal difficulty.
[+]
She told me that the Aeterna should vanish, leading me to question whether ushering in a democracy was really such a good idea.
Now to add the back end.
Scooby_Doo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

The scripting engine itself is part of oblivion.exe and obse, but the scripts themselves contain references to objects in esm/esp files. So for example, a script might say, "if the player is wearing this helmet, display this message." But we can't just convert that because that helmet doesn't exist in Nehrim, right? So you have to replace it with a reference to an analogous object, but an analogous object doesn't necessarily exist. And then you scroll down and realize there are 30 or 40 such references for every helmet in Oblivion, and you realize you're going to need to change the script itself so much that you might as well do it from scratch.

Anyway, I've succeeded in copying the CM Partners.esm interface and converted a companion NPC to work with it with minimal difficulty.
Now to add the back end.
Ahhh I forgot about that. The please wear Kvatch uniforms was one of them. I never used those anyways, not really useful when you equip your companions individually. Keep up the good work :D

BTW offtopic are they having troubles with the forum? I log in but then it automatically logs me back out. Took several minutes just to be able to post.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

BTW offtopic are they having troubles with the forum? I log in but then it automatically logs me back out. Took several minutes just to be able to post.
I've been having trouble connecting at all. Good to know it isn't just me.

I've got the basic functionality down. I've found that some of the scripts won't even compile in CM Partners itself and I have no idea why they worked in the first place, so I definitely have to fill stuff in as I go. I'll release something like an alpha/early beta onc the inventory and recovery scripts are working.
Scooby_Doo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I've been having trouble connecting at all. Good to know it isn't just me.

I've got the basic functionality down. I've found that some of the scripts won't even compile in CM Partners itself and I have no idea why they worked in the first place, so I definitely have to fill stuff in as I go. I'll release something like an alpha/early beta onc the inventory and recovery scripts are working.
Try using Internet explorer, of the three that seems to be the only one that remembers me. BTW hows progress going? I'm starting to build some companions for it. Is there a way to export and reimport faces from one mod to another (i.e. from an oblivion companion to a nerhim companion [assuming their both the basic human])?

Oh ya a couple things to not forget, by default when you tell your companion to teleport, they will return to the market district of the imperial city, might want to change that. There was something else but I've forgotten now :|
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Try using Internet explorer, of the three that seems to be the only one that remembers me. BTW hows progress going? I'm starting to build some companions for it. Is there a way to export and reimport faces from one mod to another (i.e. from an oblivion companion to a nerhim companion [assuming their both the basic human])?

Oh ya a couple things to not forget, by default when you tell your companion to teleport, they will return to the market district of the imperial city, might want to change that. There was something else but I've forgotten now :|
I don't get logged out, I get a DNS error.

Converting mods should just be a matter of removing any Oblivion.esm dependencies from the esp and renaming the master entry to Nehrim.esm. Just make sure the race is a duplicate of the original so it'll be contained in the esp. I've made the partner interface itself identical to CM Partners (even though the scripting itself is different) so it shouldn't be a problem, though when I tested it myself the character face was screwed up so I might have to look at that.

It's almost ready for a beta release, but I still need to write a recovery script in case somebody does something stupid like leave the companion someplace inaccessible and I still need to test it with multiple companions.
xikux
Bettler
Bettler

Does "Actors in Charge" have to be converted?

I tried to do it myself, but I just can't get anything out of it. Could someone do it for me?

Edit: Ah, sorry! This was supposed to go into "mod conversion requests". If a moderator sees this post, please delete it.
Scooby_Doo
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

It's almost ready for a beta release, but I still need to write a recovery script in case somebody does something stupid like leave the companion someplace inaccessible and I still need to test it with multiple companions.
Oh one thing I think you might want to know about, during act 2 there's a lot of running around "puzzle jumping". Having companions at that point would be very problematic and annoying. Perhaps have a "safe place" like the latest version of Advanced Teleport. Just use the interior of a small house or building, you teleport companions (probably via magic touch spell or use a conversation "Please go to the safe zone") and you can teleport yourself in there (remember the coords) then when your ready to retrieve them just teleport in, grab them, and exit via either spell or magic door that takes you back where you teleported from.
[+]
For example, when you arrive at the monstery, after retrieving that book, (just before the siege) you can send all your companions to the safe zone, while you run through the darwven area. Once you leave and head for Cahbalt you can retrieve them and everythings good.
einnashe
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Oh one thing I think you might want to know about, during act 2 there's a lot of running around "puzzle jumping". Having companions at that point would be very problematic and annoying. Perhaps have a "safe place" like the latest version of Advanced Teleport. Just use the interior of a small house or building, you teleport companions (probably via magic touch spell or use a conversation "Please go to the safe zone") and you can teleport yourself in there (remember the coords) then when your ready to retrieve them just teleport in, grab them, and exit via either spell or magic door that takes you back where you teleported from.
[+]
For example, when you arrive at the monstery, after retrieving that book, (just before the siege) you can send all your companions to the safe zone, while you run through the darwven area. Once you leave and head for Cahbalt you can retrieve them and everythings good.
Yeah, that isn't a problem. I've got it working but calling partners from different cells takes a long time for some reason.

The greater problem right now is that, for reasons I don't quite understand, the game hangs when a companion is KOed in combat. Not even a CTD, it just freezes up. I suspect it has something to do with the scripting used to force combat. So that's why there hasn't been a release.
58 Beiträge Seite 5 von 6