Music

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1

Music

Geronimou
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

So, I'm not sure where is the music of Nehrim from. With the resources SureAI had to do Nehrim, I don't believe that they could do their own, so I'm asking, that has Nehrim team been loaning/"stealing" music from other games? I'm quite sure I heard a music clip from Heroes of Might and Magic III or IV and I btw love Nehrims musics, just as good as Morrowinds or Oblivions music, that are both amazing.
koschwarz
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

afaik, the music is specifically written for nehrim by a german folk band (correct me if i'm wrong).

i like movie soundtracks too, and a good music in games is very important for me. and i've just wanted to open a topic regarding music. i downloaded the whole soundtrack and i listen to it outside of the game too. it's simply amazing. perfect. except of some atmospheric theme and ambient track, it is very enjoyable in itself. i love oblivion music, jeremy soule made a perfect soundtrack, but nehrim's soundtrack is just as amazing.
Shiruban
Bettler
Bettler

take a look at the credit, you'll see that the music was composed by two people. 2 out of the 8 people that made the game. And it's gorgeous :mrgreen:
junovalkyrie
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

The taverns do have some songs from other games, though. I recognized music from Baldur's Gate (Giliad, Salen), Divine Divinity (Erothin), and Planescape: Torment (Mahrnitz, Waverock), and there's at least one other track that sounded familiar but which I couldn't place (just outside Erothin). Oddly enough, I can't find these files in the music folders.

DD has some great atmospheric music for a game, incidentally. I've gotten into the habit of putting it on in the background occasionally since the tavern in Erothin always reminds me of it. Several pieces are good for exploring wooded areas, and the military fort and Verdistis themes fit Erothin pretty well.

Edit: So does Planescape, now that I think about it. Mark Morgan is pretty good at making atmospheric music in general. Planescape, the Fallouts (he only had a couple of weeks to do all of the tracks in the first one, I'm told), Zork Nemesis and Grand Inquisitor...
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

You'll notice the tavern music isn't played back the same as the normal .mp3's in the game's 'music' folder. It's broadcast from a single location within the tavern - is of much lower fidelity then the game tracks - plays over top of the normal music - and stops when you initiate a conversation.

The files are baked into the mod on a deeper level then the music folders...

The references to other games is a nice touch - I didn't recognize the tune from Divine Divinity, but the others were unmistakable.
blink
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Szoreny hat geschrieben:
The references to other games is a nice touch - I didn't recognize the tune from Divine Divinity, but the others were unmistakable.
My favorite - and it brought a big smile to my face when I realized what I was hearing - is that the Bard who sits outside, near the player chars chest in either Salen or Giliad (maybe even Furtsanden, I can't remember) is strumming a tune from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I got a big kick out of that. I think it is great to "reference" other games also. It is showing respect - an homage to those great games.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1