No english voice acting?

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Pherion
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hey! I just downloaded Nehrim.
Isn't Nehrim english version supose to have voice acting? I saw on the trailer, a guy speaking in english. Why is everything in German?
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Pherion hat geschrieben:
Hey! I just downloaded Nehrim.
Isn't Nehrim english version supose to have voice acting? I saw on the trailer, a guy speaking in english. Why is everything in German?
Because Nehrim is -as announced- subbed and not dubbed.
moddb hat geschrieben:
(...) The English version of Nehrim that will include translated texts and German voice acting will be released in early September 2010.
Betheda Forum Thread hat geschrieben:
What is Nehrim?
Nehrim is a Total Conversion for Oblivion. It contains a completely new, hand-built world, numerous quests, many exciting dungeons, new weapons, armors, items and spells, full German voice acting, a new soundtrack and much more. If you were looking for a mod that provides a full-fledged role playing game, congratulations, you found it.
nehrim.de FAQ hat geschrieben:
Is there a new soundtrack and are the dialogues dubbed?
Yes, the new music takes care of you feeling that you play in an entirely new world. We also valued professional voice acting very much. All our voices are professional actors' work (although only in German). Thus you won't hear cracking and rustling noises. Also, Nehrim has a span of over 50 voices which is more than Oblivion itself.
Vendayn
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Honestly, even though I can only understand English...I actually like hearing it in German and just reading the English part. Hard to explain exactly why, but I think it adds to the experience.
Pherion
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Not so good for me, because i forget to read the subtitles. So most of the times i just walk around hearing people talking without understanding anything. :P
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

That's okay, except in extremely rare circumstances, NPC's never say a word to each other. This isn't Oblivion, just a mod, so there really is very little said that doesn't end up in your journal. Not only don't they talk, but they don't even move if they're in a dungeon. Until they notice your character, they're lifeless mannekins. It's immersion breaking, but I guess that's the difference between $50-60 and free :D I'm hoping a modder will give life to the dungeon denizens at some point, so that dungeons aren't so pathetically easy.
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

It's also more often than one may think the difference between release and varporware.
At some point "good enough" must be the end of the development for a certain part or the "whole" product will never be finished.

That does not mean that doing it better is not possible -that is always the case- just that you must keep the goal in mind at all times.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

I agree. This is a great mod and the stuff we're posting about is quibbles, not game breakers. I loved Oblivion, but its not like that game was perfect either, yet I was happy to plonk down my $60.
Szoreny
Gauner
Gauner

crpgnut hat geschrieben:
That's okay, except in extremely rare circumstances, NPC's never say a word to each other. This isn't Oblivion, just a mod, so there really is very little said that doesn't end up in your journal. Not only don't they talk, but they don't even move if they're in a dungeon. Until they notice your character, they're lifeless mannekins. It's immersion breaking, but I guess that's the difference between $50-60 and free :D I'm hoping a modder will give life to the dungeon denizens at some point, so that dungeons aren't so pathetically easy.
Yes I really miss the madlibs between NPC's in Oblivion. In matters comedic, Oblivion wins.

What kind of life did the npc's in dungeons have in Oblivion btw? It WAS a long time ago, but I remember them .... standing around like lifeless mannequins until a sneak attack or whatever woke them up. At which point they'd either run straight at you or hang back firing spells or arrows. Pretty much like they do in Nehrim.

Oh and OP don't you think its amazing this mod has voice acting in it period? Do you really expect the team to localize the voice cast for different regions? Seriously?
Imryll
Gauner
Gauner

Vendayn hat geschrieben:
Honestly, even though I can only understand English...I actually like hearing it in German and just reading the English part. Hard to explain exactly why, but I think it adds to the experience.
It does for me as well. Partly it's fun to see how much of the German I can understand, but mostly I think being in a foreign language adds to the sense of Nehrim being an exotic world where things differ from real life. They also got some very nice voices that are just soothing to listen to.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Szoreny hat geschrieben:
crpgnut hat geschrieben:
Yes I really miss the madlibs between NPC's in Oblivion. In matters comedic, Oblivion wins.

What kind of life did the npc's in dungeons have in Oblivion btw? It WAS a long time ago, but I remember them .... standing around like lifeless mannequins until a sneak attack or whatever woke them up. At which point they'd either run straight at you or hang back firing spells or arrows. Pretty much like they do in Nehrim.

Oh and OP don't you think its amazing this mod has voice acting in it period? Do you really expect the team to localize the voice cast for different regions? Seriously?
NPC's in Oblivion walk around, often patrolling a small area constantly. They also stop and talk to each other. Of course, it's always things like, " I saw a mudcrab the other day..." :D I'd like to see them patroliing in the dungeons someday. It'd even be cool if they expanded the area they patrol. It'd also be cool if the mage pcs would cast spells to buff allies and monsters that are allies. These are dreams though, not based on the reailty of a small team.
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1