What FOV do you tend to play at?

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

I was wondering what Field of View value folks who play at 21:9 tend to prefer when in first person? I am playing on a single monitor at 2560x1440.

It has been ages since I have played either Skyrim or Enderal and I have tried values from the default (75 I think?), 80, 85 and 90 but cannot find a setting that I find comfortable when turning. I am aware of how the FOV affects the zoom on the screen and the amount of fisheye but my brain is telling me it cannot understand the movement it is being shown and I am getting a motion tiredness very quickly.

Any suggestions for me?
Xiokro
Bettler
Bettler

17.02.2019 07:17DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:
I was wondering what Field of View value folks who play at 21:9 tend to prefer when in first person? I am playing on a single monitor at 2560x1440.

It has been ages since I have played either Skyrim or Enderal and I have tried values from the default (75 I think?), 80, 85 and 90 but cannot find a setting that I find comfortable when turning. I am aware of how the FOV affects the zoom on the screen and the amount of fisheye but my brain is telling me it cannot understand the movement it is being shown and I am getting a motion tiredness very quickly.

Any suggestions for me?
I too play at 2560x1440 and I simply play at default 75. My reasoning for this is that original skyrim only intended for this FOV and things seem to mess up with the view models sometimes for me. So when i started playing enderal i just used default since thats the most normal for me. Plus smaller fov == higher framerate if you dont have vsync enabled at least (but that can effect physics), and i also get a headache with too high of FOV
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Only 2560x1080 @144hz here and I tend to run 90 fov in Enderal, I don't know if having a very curved monitor (had the tightest radius at release) reduces any fisheye effect, but I find running any game at default 16:9 fov with the extra width of the monitor feels restricted and slightly "off"...plus I tend to end up closer to the screen the more I get into the game so the added fov feels good, almost starting to wrap round.
17.02.2019 07:17DanielCoffey hat geschrieben:
I am getting a motion tiredness very quickly.

Any suggestions for me?
Are you getting a smooth constant frame rate, or is it wildly varying?

Maybe reduce the mouse speed so you're not turning too fast maybe?

Enable / disable Motion Blur?
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

There is motion blur? That can come off if there is.

I get a rock steady frame rate when I display it via ENBoost (num*) as I am running a 1080ti and no AA. I have reduced the mouse sensitivity a little but I find the effect is a bit worse when I am holding out the hands for spell casting and moving. No idea what my brain doesn't like but it certainly finds something off kilter.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Maybe try with max aa and see if the removal of the jaggy bits helps with the movement. My 1080 is away for testing so only using an old r9 270x 2gb and that runs Enderal at ultra settings and maxed all settings so you shouldn't have any problems at all with your 1080ti

Quick thought while typing and you saying about holding your hands out, is there depth of field? and is it enabled? as I find that can be distracting if the screen is trying to focus other than where my eyes are looking....if that makes sense?
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin

Unless ENBoost adds any effects, I have not changed anything from the default settings except for a few small non-visual mods.

I know that UseEffect=false in enbseries.ini so all that stuff is off.
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1