12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

... even the year 2013! :mrgreen:

A lot of things have happened in the past twelve months – Both in the development of Enderal and in our team. We have worked a lot, we overcame obstacles, and we grew closer together through team meetings and the fact, that a lot of us now live in the same city – Munich.
It would be a lie to say that mod development is always easy, because it isn’t. Realizing the vision of a mod project of such great scale doesn’t only require creativity and a whole lot of passion, but above all a lot of stamina, reliability and an eye for the feasibility of one’s own goals. It is so easy to get lost in the invention of countless, unrealizable features!

So now the year has come to an end, and with new experiences under our belt and many miles closer to our goal, a new year is awaiting us – hopefully as productive and insightful as this one! The constant support of our fans, the commitment of our voluntary voice actors, and tokens of appreciation such as achieving the 2nd place in this years “Mod of the year”-awards (Category: Best upcoming) will help us a lot with that. The last one wouldn’t have been possible without your support, and we sincerely want to thank you for all your votes. As well with these words as with a “end of the year”-bundle we have put together to express our gratitude as well as to grant you new insights into the game Enderal will be. We were actually planning to release the second episode of our devblog, but we postponed it since we wanted to give you all something “special”, which you will find at the end of this post. We were unsure on whether to release it or not, but we did – and we hope you will all like it.
That being said, we wish you both a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2014!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bild
The Sun Temple - Work in progress
Bild
- Vyn: From the archives of the Order
Bild
Oorbaya - Concept Art
„There are two ways to deal with the magic that has broken free inside you. The first one: Turn to the Holy Order. They will take care of you, and if you perform well, they might make you one of their own. In their ranks you will learn how to control this raw, undirected power inside you. And the stronger your will, the purer your meditation, the more the magic will bend to your will… and ultimately serve you as a companion, much like a faithful steed which possesses its own will but is in a state of perfect harmony with its rider. If you decide against the Order, you will become one of the pathless men or women we call Wild mages. And even though you might rise to great power this way, this power will be like a rabid Shadow wolf, who possesses the ability to devour anything in its path, but who will ultimately turn against its master. And someday, my son, when your soul has been completely torn apart by the magic in your veins, it will dispose entirely of your bodily shell… and then you will become one of the beasts, which bards and poets alike call “Oorbaya” – or the “Blue Death”. The choice is yours.”

Bild
Story Teaser
Since very little has been told about the story of Enderal (Apart from the first chapter of the „Butcher of Ark“, we decided to change that. This is a short teaser aiming to provide a small insight into the themes and the general feel of Enderal’s story. We have been trying to create a world that is both beautiful, fantastic and humorous, but also dark, cruel and deep. But: Don’t tell, show.
Best wishes,

SureAI
Zuletzt geändert von Nicolas Samuel am 27.12.2013 00:16, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Oh that was cruel! 'Everything comes to an end...' you gave me a mini heart attack! I as like noes are they stopping development?! XD
Thanks for the Christmas present SureAI! And I say Happy Christmas to the Enderal Team!

I wander if this Holy Order will play a major part in the story... The teaser just confused the crap out of me :P.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

It's nice we get to see a complete world map of Vyn. Makes you think about how the unknown continents look like and who live there. Just imagine if we could explore the entire world. Impossible of course but still fun to think about.

Those Oorbayas look like something straight out of Dark Souls! :P
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

A great way to end the chapter of 2013.

I liked the video very much, so much atmosphere and story in those brief moments, amazing.

Like Hazzmat said, it is indeed very cool to see a map of Vyn, and good to see how the land scales to Nehrim in size (although it might not be like that in-game of course).

The link to the Oorbaya art goes to the Sun Temple art though - just so you know! :)
rtf54
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Just press the little arrow at the top right corner :P
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Hope we get to go to Arktwend.
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Did the Enderal team have a nice Christmas and new year? Is new year a big thing in Munich?
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Like where wouldn't it be?
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Like where wouldn't it be?

Well, where I live not a single firework fires. However my friend in the Netherlands has a war zone from 11pm to 4 am :P
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Zak hat geschrieben:
Did the Enderal team have a nice Christmas and new year? Is new year a big thing in Munich?
My Christmas Eve was great. I spent it with my family and we had a good time together. New Year's was stressful for me though, due to my job as a paramedic.
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2