Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Bild
Greetings,

Fitting the current time of the year, we'd like to show you a new screenshot of Enderal's north - The Northwind-mountains. Secondly, we have decided to release the first chapter of an ingame-book called "The Butcher of Ark". It's the autobiography of a notorious serial killer, who died half a centurye before the beginning of Enderals story - It will introduce you into the lore of Enderal, will give you a sense of the overall feeling of Enderals themes and attentive readers might also spot how some interesting connections to the mainquest. Hopefully it will be a good read for everyone enjoying dark, mature fantasy!

Finally, we'd like to tackle a topic which has been on our mind lately. A lot of users have suggested for us to use ENBs in our screenshots. However, we won't and never will. There are three reasons for this: First of all, it would falsify the end product. People whose machines aren't strong enough for the ENB would simply get something looking entirely different (and probably a lot worse). We want Enderal to look awesome on every machine, even on weak machines. Secondly, most ENB-programmers do not allow modders to include their ENB in the download. It would overcomplicate the installation progess. And finally, we consider it to be an easy solution to getting impressive results. Someone once said that a designer’s true skill shows when making something look great and immersive, even without dozens of graphical enhancements. We want our work to be genuine, and we want it to amaze you due to the hard labor and passion we put into it. Of course, people are free to use whatever ENB they like and installing it themselves after Enderal is released, thus enhancing their experience even more - We simply don't want to make it obligatory or call it our own work.

That being sad, I hope you enjoy these new insights into the world of Enderal! :)

~~~
“As requested, I have brought you Jaél Tannerson’s biography. The Steelcrabs surely did their best to keep it locked away from the public eye… Suppose they’d rather live in denial than face the fact that one of their own was behind those gruesome, pattern-less killings. Typical, isn’t it? Anyway, I expect my payment of one thousand pennies to be in vault 1012 by next week. I will hear from you.”
- A Letter

“The Butcher of Ark – Chapter One” – Englisch
~~~
“The Northwind Mountains are a region situated in the far north of Enderal. Though being inhospitable due to their extreme cold and perilous fauna – Lost Ones, Frost Myrads and Glacier elementals, only to mention a few -, they used be well-travelled in the past. This fact was due to the Northwind-mines, where the valuable Northwind rocks were mined, which are rumored to be close to indestructible, thus making them a highly sought-after material for the construction of castles, treasure chambers and fortresses. After the closing of the mines, however, the region was left abandoned, leaving behind ghost villages and dangerous, semi-collapsed mineshafts, which still attract adventurers and treasure hunters. […]"
Lexil Merrum,
High Arcanist of the Holy Order

Bild
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I respect your decision for not using ENB. I always thought it was too gimmicky and it makes your game laggy.

I suppose the Northwind Mountains will make Nehrim-players reminisce of the Northrealm which is a good thing. :P
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

I must say I really enjoy the writing in your "games", it's on a whole other level than that of Bethesda's.

It's great to see that you release so many new "short-news" in time for christmas, it almost feels like opening a christmas calendar with splendid eye-candy hidden beneath (almost) every number. The new shots make me nothing but lust for Enderal more and more, hype level is over 9000 at the moment. :mrgreen:

I sincerely hope you win the moddb mod of the year award, you surely deserve it.

Merry christmas! :thumbsup:
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

I just read the provided piece for Butcher of Ark. Very intriguing and looking forward to the next instalment! As to this here, ah, Nehrim's Northrealm brings back so many memories...
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Looks like there might be 50 hours of gameplay just reading the books in Enderal!
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

If things go rotten on MODDB (which in all honesty the time I posted this it was) how bad a blow is it to SureAI?
(About 5 hours to closing vote)
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Well, how important is this contest, really? In the end the only thing that matters is the quality of the game thats going to be released. Pre-release PR and project announcements are a lot about what people want your game to be like, and not what it really is.

If we lose now it at least brought us a lot of new watchers. Seems that we are not good enough at invoking a hype with our news, maybe because we don't retouch our screens with ENBs or something else, who knows.I believe that Enderal will be great and a lot of fun to play, and thats all that matters to me. So this is my personal viewpoint on the whole thing. :)
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

GRRR! Because this day and age all people care about is fancy graphics and explosions rather then grand design and good story. You guys really deserved to win but just not possible as the gaming majority is on the side of bullshit rather then... Lol sorry about my rant.
Something that is rather crucial to me is will Enderal have a English subtitle version?
Zuletzt geändert von Zak am 21.12.2013 11:28, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Don't worry! :)
And actually, we're planning a complete English synchronization for Enderal!
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Awesome! I know you have many fans from Nehrim and beyond English and German who are anticipating every little scrap of knowledge of how things are going at Secret SureAI Facility tucked away under a river between Erothin and Cahbaet. 8)
19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2