3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Bild
"Spare me your false words, Prophet. I can tell that you judge me ... You deem me selfish, hungry for power and driven by greed. You think that all of the poverty in the Undercity is due to my decisions. But there is a fundamental flaw in your thinking, Prophet... You're idealistic.

Yes... you still believe in a vision of a world free and beautiful, where none are starving, a world liberated from wars and violence... But you're chasing an illusion. Both prosperity and satiety can only exist where there are poverty and hunger. And only those who bore witness to violence and wars can appreciate the privilege of safety and peace. And every one of those living down there, every single of of them, they have all been unfortunate enough to have been born on the painful side of the scale, which is needed to maintain stability! Make everyone rich, and they'll do everything in their power to recreate poverty among themselves. Make everyone poor, and they will gut themselves for a loaf of bread... This is the truth, as bitter as it may taste.

And you,you would do better to accept that. Bid your delusional phantasies farewell... Because all idealists I have gotten to know ended up doing more harm than they did good."

Natara Dal'Veram
Second Leader of the Holy Order
Bild
Best wishes,

SureAI
Zak
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Natara Dal'Veram has a point :P. Miss one end of the spectrum and the other doesn't exist.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

So isn't that the whole point of trying to develop a strong middle class, to shrink the width of the spectrum so there will be fewer on each extreme with a wide, balanced middle? The problem with a spectrum analogy is the need of people to name points on the spectrum and attach connotations to the points. For example, if absolute good is one extreme and absolute bad (or absolute evil, if you prefer) is the other extreme, what do you call the midpoint? (probably you call it an RPG character, like a good-hearted thief!) Don't try to answer this, you would need a PhD dissertation for a starting point. :wink:
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1