[Mod-Release] Skill-independent Attributes

Moderator: Moderatoren

22 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3
JOG
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Yet another leveling system...

This modification adds an alternative system for increasing attributes: the skills no longer have any influence, instead the level-up menu opens several times, dependent on your current level. You can increase the 3 attributes by one point each and repeat doing so up to 4 times. Up to 12 attribute-points per level seems to be a lot, but remember that you have to distribute them on at least 3 different attributes, so it's still balanced.

There are two variants:

Linear
The formula is (3 - Level / 10) additional "Levelups", so in total:
Code: Alles auswählen
Level  2-10:    4 x 3 increments
Level 11-20:    3 x 3 increments
Level 21-30:    2 x 3 increments
Level 31+  :    1 x 3 increments   
So, in the beginning you get many points but it will be much less in the end. The progress kinda mirrors "normal" playing of Oblivion without too much skill-grinding.

Steps:
The formula is ((2 - Level / 15) + (Level <5)) additional "Levelups", so in total:
Level  2- 5:    4 x 3 increments ****
Level  6-15:    3 x 3 increments **********
Level 16-30:    2 x 3 increments ***************
Level 31+  :    1 x 3 increments ******************** 
The steps are getting longer. In total you get 30 attribute-points less, and need to take a bit more care about how to distribute the attribute points.

Download
http://mods.jo-ge.net/ob/nehrim/attribute.zip
Zuletzt geändert von JOG am 25.09.2010 08:42, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
mazling
Gauner
Gauner

Big thanks for this - moderating your own training seems a little silly, IMHO. :o

I've loaded the mod but nothing happens upon loading the game; can I reset stats on my next levelup or is your mod only useful for those starting a new game?
JOG
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

mazling hat geschrieben:
Big thanks for this - moderating your own training seems a little silly, IMHO. :o

I've loaded the mod but nothing happens upon loading the game; can I reset stats on my next levelup or is your mod only useful for those starting a new game?
The script hooks into the level-up process: the next time you level up, you will get no skill-multipliers and the screen reopens after you chose your first set of 3 attributes (unless you're already past level 30).

Turning point is the last levelup: Any levelups you did without this mod will not be affected. Likewise, levelups while the mod was installed will not be affected when you uninstall it. You will get the skill-multipliers for skills you increased since the last levelup, but will not get a refund for the multipliers you lost when leveling up whille this mod was installed.
Imryll
Gauner
Gauner

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love many things about Nehrim, but the combination of slower leveling skills and quick XP gains isn't one of them. In Oblivion I can get decent multipliers without having to meta-game excessively. Not true in Nehrim. I realize that the idea is not to worry and come back at a higher level, but that just has me worrying about how I shouldn't worry. :D There's also the problem of poor Speed being governed by only one Skill. Anyway, I'm happy to divorce attributes from skills in this game. It allows me to play much more naturally while still wanting to use what I think of as my character's primary skills to increase the skills themselves.
heshmkii
Bettler
Bettler

Hey thanks a lot for this, the vanilla elder scrolls mechanic is so frustrating and backwards to deal with. However, I'm already somewhat high level and missed out on any decent modifiers for my first few levels, and I was wondering if there is any way something that just gives you a flat +5 for all three attributes could be whipped up. I just hate knowing I'm missing out on things just cause I didn't powergame enough.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

There is absolutely no reason to power-game in Nehrim. Unless you crank difficulty high above normal, you'll win easily anything your level and up to 10 levels higher. I took this mod at level 24, so I don't see much benefit from it either, but I still win battles easily and I'm not a particularly gifted gamer :D
heshmkii
Bettler
Bettler

Oh I know, its not really about the difficulty of battles or anything, I'm not having trouble with combat at all and I don't think I will in the future. It's more about crafting the perfect character or the satisfaction of watching all the numbers go or whatever.
crpgnut
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Ah! I never thought about in that light. I'm sure you're aware that you could enter the console and modpca any attributes that aren't up to snuff. Press ~ to open console, type "modpca strength 10" to raise strength 10 points from its current value, etc.
Cae
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

This mod is making my maximum HP go to -57 upon leveling to level 19. I'm using the linear one.

Here's my save file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1783826/ForumPo ... .09.30.ess

I confirmed it was this mod by disabling everything, leveling, getting a good result, then turning this mod on and leveling, getting a bad result.

Actually.... Even at level 18, my maximum hp is 17. XD This mod has been decreasing my HP for a long time... Ugh. I was wondering why I was dying in one hit, I thought I was just woefully under leveled. Things rarely hit me as a stealth mage/archer, so I wasn't really that concerned, but dying in one hit to fall damage is a concern...

I've really enjoyed it till running head first into this issue, it's so nice having better control of your stats. :<
JOG
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Cae hat geschrieben:
This mod is making my maximum HP go to -57 upon leveling to level 19. I'm using the linear one.

Here's my save file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1783826/ForumPo ... .09.30.ess
That Char has a -33 Endurance modifier for some reason. That modifier applies to your base hitpoints (2 x endurance), but not to base endurance.

When modifying health, magicka or fatigue one has to take the calculated base value into account (otherwise, if you have 200 health and 50 endurance, setav health 200 will set your health to 300 (200+2*Endurance)

Every levelup the script adds -2*base endurance + 0.11*base endurance. The first to compensate for that quirk, the second to increase your health by 11% of Endurance. Since due to the negative modifier your char's base health is less than 2 * base endurance, the difference is subtracted each time you level up.

Sorry for the trouble, I didn't expect such such a penalty. To fix your character open the console (~) and type:
player.forceav endurance 50

player.setav health 99 
This removes the endurance penalty, and sets your health to 199 which should be the maximum you can have by now (2*50 + 18*0.11*50)

Updated the mod to v1.3
http://mods.jo-ge.net/ob/nehrim/attribute.zip

Instead of adding -1.89*Base Endurance I now add -2.00*Current Endurance + 0.11*Base Endurance
22 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3