[Mod-Release] Skill-independent Attributes

Moderator: Moderatoren

22 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3
jevans
Bettler
Bettler

Hi,

Thanks for the mod. I also prefer this more controlled approach.

I've used the older version of linear for a few levels. Am I likely to have a similar issue with endurance? (If so, I guess I correct it the same way.)

Does using the new 1.3 version correct prior issues?

Thanks again for developing this.
Regards,
Jonathan
JOG
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

jevans hat geschrieben:
I've used the older version of linear for a few levels. Am I likely to have a similar issue with endurance? (If so, I guess I correct it the same way.)
It happens with both variants, but only when you level up while being afflicted by an endurance penalty.
(Cae's character has -33 to endurance, not caused by any spell, equipment or disease)

The issue is too exotic to include extra code that repairs your character if the health value isn't plausible. There's also the risk that a repair-script overreacts when there is a legitimate reason why your health or endurance should be lowered by a script or ability modifier. All in all, it's safer and easier to check your character yourself:

When you never increased Endurance, Health should be 80 + 4 * (Level-1) for Allemans and Half-Aeterna and 90 + 4 * (Level-1) for Normans

When Endurance was increased, your maximum health should be about 2 * Endurance + 0.11 * Endurance * (Level-1)

The health you get by level isn't a flat multiplier but depending on your current endurance when you level up: with 45 Endurance you get +4, with 46 Endurance you get +5, but not retroactively for the earlier levels. So in practice, when you have more than 45 endurance, you health is a bit less than calculated above.
Cae
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Wow, JOG, worked perfectly! Thank you so much! ><
jevans
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks JOG,

That makes perfect sense.

Regards,
Jonathan
Jenos
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Hey, loving this mod, I'm so glad I don't have to micromanage every last skill now. I do have a question though, this mod enables people to powerlevel luck to high levels very quickly. Normally, putting a single point into luck is a tradeoff between up to 5 points in another stat. But now, I can put 4 points into luck per level if I want at the beginning of the game, making 1 luck = 1 str etc, which seems unbalanced. I personally am limiting myself to 1 luck per level, but you might want to look into a way to limit luck.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi Jog I'm having a similar issue I have an endurance of 26 with magic influence & 62 without sneak is the other attribute affected. I don't think this has anything to do with your mod but it does have an unfortunate effect when leveling up. In the last few levels I have gone from 179 health to 52 . Now if this happened in Oblivion all I would need to do is go to the nearest temple & have my attributes restored. Is there such a possibility in Nehrim. I have found scrolls of regeneration but at 4 points per scroll I's going to take a long time to get back to where i should be . It took me quite a while to realize what was happening. I am still winning battles with creatures several levels above me but with lots of potion drinking, I know I can just go to the console & increase my endurance to what it should be but I would like to find a way in game to archive the same ends Beebee
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hi Jog I would like to slow down the leveling by raising the number of points needed to level. an INI for the mod would be wonderful.
One of the wonderful things about Nehrim, is that the world doesn't level with you & that you are not being pushed to progress the main quest all the time, but one of the consequences of this is that your level rises to fast & the game then gets to easy .
It struck me that if I increased the points needed to level it could work to increase the difficulty. The approach I would like is to start out with the same stats in the beginning of the game but to have a steeper logarithmic progression, so that the number of points needed to raise a level goes up faster. I thought about decreasing the number of skills I could raise at each level up but think this is a better approach more subtle. I would love a tool to do this but failing that at least how to go about changing the base rate in the CS would be great.

Thanks in advance BB
himmelslicht
Schicksalsbote
Schicksalsbote
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Changeing the number of points per level can simply be done by changeing a few numbers in the esp. Im not familar with editing .esp's myself, but when i open mine with notepad, i can easily change those values.
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

himmelslicht hat geschrieben:
Changeing the number of points per level can simply be done by changeing a few numbers in the esp. Im not familar with editing .esp's myself, but when i open mine with notepad, i can easily change those values.
thanks for that so the values I want to change aren't within the scope of this mod but at least I can use my other alternative of reducing the number of skills I can raise at each level
I'm thinking with some trepidation of having a look at the Nehrim ESP to see if i can change it there Thanks BB

i tried changing the values in the ESP & after that the ESP didn't load. I opened the ESP up in Notepad++ & just reduced the points to 3x3 for the first 20 levels & then deleted the second line . I didn't touch anything else but after that the ESP wouldn't load.
Never mind I just went back & reduced the points I get for the first 10 levels, leaving everything else in place that has worked Thanks Beebee

I would still prefer to be able to slow my leveling by increasing the points needed to level on a much steeper slope that the game does at present, & also increase the points needed to raise a skill in the same way, but so far I've had no answers on how I might achieve that thanks in advance for any help Beebee
ibbeebee
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister

Hi Jog, I feel a little thick about this, as I have been going on about ways to slow down leveling in Nehrim for weeks now.
I'm Puzzled by the fact that both the linear & the steps esp have these lines exactly the same are they supposed to be that way ?
The readme tells me that this is the config for the linear version but that the steps version should look like the second one.

This is what they are now in the steps ESP

Level 2-10: = 4 x 3 Steigerungen
Level 11-20: = 3 x 3 Steigerungen
Level 21-30: = 2 x 3 Steigerungen
Level 31 + = 1 x 3 Steigerungen

& I have changed them to this
Level 2-5: = 4 x 3 Steigerungen
Level 6-15: = 3 x 3 Steigerungen
Level 16-30: = 2 x 3 Steigerungen
Level 31 + = 1 x 3 Steigerungen

I hope I haven't missed something further on in the code Regards Beebee
22 Beiträge Seite 2 von 3