Play both games skyrim and Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Acknowlogia
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I have a question will I be able to play Skyrim and Enderal if I want to or will Enderal totally replace Skyrim?
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher
Danksagung erhalten: 150 Mal

I doubt it since Skyrim is a Steam game.

Nehrim was able to have it's own installation path if you used an original Oblivion-CD (not steam-bound).
And it was also possible to have both games working at the same time even if they share the same documents and savegames (which were needed to replaced when the games are switched).
Still they should run fine when every ESP or ESM which isn't part of the game you want to play is disabled.

However, if you've a Steam version of Oblivion you had to overwrite your Steam installation of Oblivion with Nehrim.
That means it's impossible to have Nehrim and Oblivion together with the Steam version.

If SureAI doesn't have a fix for this in Enderal, this problem will also occur in Skyrim since this game is only available with Steam.
I recommend not to speak about cracked versions of Skyrim since that is illegal and won't get any support of SureAI.
Acknowlogia
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

No I was just wondering if that could be possible but thank you for your answer.
Hoxyd
SureAI
SureAI
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

There will be an option in the Enderal launcher to switch between your Skyrim and Enderal installation.
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher

That's great.
So you really managed to avoid the problem which occurs with Nehrim through Steam.

I've heard of the ability to install Nehrim and Oblivion at the same time but it was also said that this doesn't work with the Steam version since Nehrim only works with the Steam version when Oblivion gets overwritten.

I am glad you found a way to have Skyrim and Enderal installed at the same time.

However, since Skyrim is lame and boring for myself I don't really need that option anyway ^^
I'm just glad that I own Skyrim for Enderal :P
Acknowlogia
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

It's true that Skyrim is getting old now but thanks to the the mods and the community this game is still relevant.
Tealor Arantheal
Hoher
Hoher

Well my problem was that I started to play Skyrim with mods.

I never played it without. I also only finished it once since I never was really into that game.
Honestly I hyped it before it was out but after the first few hours I started to get very disappointed somehow.

Many changes made this game really dumb for myself to play it. They reduced the skills they COMPLETELY removed a repair function for armor and weapons. So stuff cannot get damaged anymore.
This isn't much of a roleplaying game anymore, it's a game for casual players.

The only reason for myself to start a game again would be the final release of requiem. Together with a mod which makes the nights and dungeons darker without messing up the night-eye spell and maybe an ENB with very low performance impact.
But since that's gonna take a while (and probably there won't be any translations so I've to play it in english) I'm looking forward for Enderal and stay at my opinion about Skyrim.
Acknowlogia
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I like the atmosphere of Enderal actually I prefere it I like the creativity they have, I have been wathing their concept art and reading The Butcher of Ark I am really looking for to explore the world they have created. But you are right Skyrim is better with mods that can suit your needs.
Varana
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Requiem is like a must have mod too. It is awesome.
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1